iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to me ....Log Dogs

Started by isawlogs, November 24, 2008, 07:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zopi

How 'bout Fetching for the young lady and Arch for the buck...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

SamB

I'd bet those are Chocolate Lab pups and they'll probably grow up to look alot like this

[img]
Probably end up in the 90 to 120# range :)
How about Choc & Chip

isawlogs

They are a mix ... mother is a Golden retreiver/lab and father is a Brown lab the litter was composed of 2 yellow, one golden ,one almost white , two blacks , one black and white , and the two brown with white patch I have .
  I hope they get to be as pretty a dog as what Sam posted .
Tim , they should be about 24/26 inches in height .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SamB

Sometimes full blooded labs will have that white crest on their brisket.....lab and golden retreiver makes a good mix....gentle natured and good companions....they should make some fine dogs :)

OneWithWood

Those will be wonderful dogs  8)

I think they need special names that convey their good nature and companioship.

How about hey! and you!  In French of course  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Dom

Mal Faisant! (trouble maker)
We had 2 bulldogs named Bobineau & Bobinette. :)

Nice looking dogs!

Banjo picker

You totally had me going when I first opened this thread.  I thought Marcel has put some new dogs on a mill.  Then I see those cute little pups. :) Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

isawlogs

Tim .
Now why would I want to be doing something like that during deer hunting season  ::) ;D :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

So when ya goona settle on some names for fluffy and fee fee? 
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Stephen1

Quote from: isawlogs on November 24, 2008, 08:41:11 PM
Quote from: DouginUtah on November 24, 2008, 08:10:43 PM

I've noticed that most of the suggested names are English.

Marcel, are you looking for English or French names?

Sacre and Bleu  :D :D  ::)

Well the thought has crossed my mind ... about them being French names  ::) :D :D

I vote for that
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

isawlogs

I am still waiting on my two kids  ::) to give there thoughts on the names I would like to use .... We are still putting names into the hat ....

Jeff I sent you a message  ::) ;D   Fee fee  french spelling  Fifi   :P ;)  I reserve the right to veto the name .

Marcel

isawlogs

They are growing and trying hard to make friends here , the old dog dont want nuting to do with those two hypper movin'critters , the rabits sure dont want to be licked by um ... they find the horses to big to go near um  ::)   Here they are trying real hard to get to impress the old guy . It aint workin, .  :D

Here is what a run to the barn to do the chores does to um ....  :D

Marcel

isawlogs

I took them this eveniing to get the barn chores done , they tried again to find a cooperative rabit , another failed attempt  :-\ Oh well they where able to get close to Zoé , our filly they had a nose to nose incounter . There gaining some courage with the horses , but they wont go nearer to um then there hay feeder .  :D
  After the chores , they always need to do this .  ::)

Marcel

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Norm

Reddog

Good looking pups. :)
I have a feeling the cable is only first loss to the tornado's.  ;)

wkheathjr

Cute puppies!  Just be sure you keep eyes on them.  I got two puppies and they were mix.  One had a lot of settlers in it and other was obviously a Lab, white one.  So I named them Bud and Light.  :D

Well, one day I let them out to use bathroom and checked on them 10 minutes later after I washed my dishes and they were gone.  Looked everywhere then found a spun tire mark near the highway 2 days later when I went to get the mail on foot.  Oh! That is why I heard the honking cuz they must have stole the puppies and got back on the road in the hurry and someone was approaching them from behind and blasted a honk for being cut off.  Maybe this is why!

The fallback is that they are so friendly they would approach anyone.  So it was back to Jack Russell for me.

isawlogs

The learning curve is steep for a puppy ....steeper when two are raised together .  :-\

Todays lesson was all about ice . They went out on the lake only to learn that 1/2" of ice sure cant hold up much .  :o They where rescued by my wife , they where out five or so feet from shore when they went through  :o Wife seen them in time to run down and jump in after them , she through Ballou (the male ) to shore and turned to pick up Charlie ( femelle ) and had to fetch her under the ice   :o She was going down , Renée was up to her belt in water . They where rushed inside , wrapped in a towel and then once Renée was out of her wet clothe for the second time today  ::) they got to learn how a hair dryer works  :P   .....
   Where was I  ?
     I was playing working with the rented excavator pulling stumps and digging to put a drain along the pool .
   Sure am glad that she was able to get to them in time and that they pulled through , ya get attached to the little critters real quick  :)

Marcel

isawlogs

They have been here now for a little over two weeks and we have come to give them names , The little fellar laying down will be known as " Ballou " Yes the one from the Jungle book ... he is in a way much like him . Big , not too quick but smart .
  The little one sittin' well she has earned the name Charlie , it is pronounced in French and I have yet to be able to find a way to write the sound , if I do I will let you all know .,
  These pics comming below where taken today in the barn while I was cleaning out the horse pen . They had there bout with the rabitts and had taken up there space for there nap .

Here are " Ballou " and " Charlie "

This is where you will find um once they have finished terrorizing all in the barn .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Pat and Mitch.  ;D

Sure are sleepy sods. ;) Work'n them too hard. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

OneWithWood

They will be good dogs, Marcel.  I really like those bleu eyes  8)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

SwampDonkey

In reference to my previous post, grandfather had a loyal team of horses with those names.

He also raised cocker spaniel dogs he hunted grouse and woodcock with.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!