iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It's a Tomato Plant Charlie Brown!

Started by Kevin_H., November 23, 2008, 07:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin_H.

Ok here's the deal, we are trying to keep our tomato plants alive this winter, Why...I dont know.  ;D

with this being an old coal mine we cant grow anything in the ground so we planted these plants in 5 gal buckets this spring, they did ok after we figured out we were watering them too much.  :D

Now its too cold outside and we brought them in.

They look a little weak but I just trimmed back all the dead stuff.

Any idea's on what they are going to need to keep producing, I am thinking maybe a grow light, and we have some plant food spikes, but what else might we need, and will they pollinating inside to keep making our tomato's?

BTW I dont eat tomatos, not even deep fried, but the wife likes them... :)
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Norm

They'll need extra light to do much if anything Kevin. You can trick them into thinking the days are longer by putting a grow light on a timer and having it turn on for an hour in the middle of it's night cycle.

Dale Hatfield

Never tried  mater plants but you can bring a green pepper plant in and out year after year.
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

Kevin_H.

Hey norm, thanks for the advice, if'n I get some time this week i will rig up a grow light. it will be an experiment for sure.

Dale we were talking about maybe trying a pepper plant next spring, ( I dont eat them either ) will have to give it a try. I will try to keep up on the progress.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Thank You Sponsors!