iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just Shoot Me!

Started by Brad_S., November 23, 2008, 06:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_S.

Was out of town last week longer than anticipated. Mean while, we had a deep freeze. Hadn't yet started the Taylor water stove but it did have water in it.
Froze solid. smiley_crying
The one consolation is that it was an old stove on it's last legs, but it still had a season or two left in it.
Back to gas I guess.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

BBTom

That is the pits.  I checked out some other stoves this year, as my Taylor went thru a fire.   I was not pleased with anything else I found, so I got another Taylor.   

I had taken all the old sheet metal off of the burnt one, and the insulation was just a bunch of black fuzz that fell right off of it.  When the guys came to spray foam my new kiln, I gave them a bonus to spray the old burnt Taylor.  It now looks like a new one with the sheet metal off of it.  I will put some new sheet metal on it, along with a new aquastat, blower and some new fittings.  I am hoping to use it with a fan and radiator to give me a little bit of heat in the saw shed.  It will help me get rid of some of the slab wood. :) 

I might even use it for the heat during the winter with the new kiln instead of the electric heaters.

2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

stonebroke

How bad? M ight be time to crank up the welder.

Stonebroke

Thank You Sponsors!