iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

driveway improvements

Started by woodmills1, November 23, 2008, 05:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

Wide and flat who could ask for more!! :D 8) 8) 8) 8)
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

stonebroke

Are you planning on bringing tractor trailers in and out?Nice and wide.

Stonebroke

woodmills1

Yes the whole plan is to get the long tractor trailers in here and not have to drive to deliver the logs
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

stonebroke

good plan. You are a sawyer not a truckdriver, right.

Stonebroke

thecfarm

Looks good.Tell others about the great job he is doing for you.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

woodmills1

YES YES YES

What a great job even longer and wider now

Maybe some more work after the long weekend but he has other fish to fry first, then some ledge rock to firm it all up

beenthere

woodmills1
Did he just move dirt around that was already there, or hauled some fill in to make the great drive-in?

Do you have any problem with water going down your drive and onto the highway?  That would present a problem around here. And would require a culvert in the ditch along that highway. 

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

woodmills1

he has actually hauled out around 30 loads of fill and topsoil.  If you look at the early shots the first guy left a mountain of subsoil that today al kennedy spread to bring the whole drive level.  the water runs on the side of the road to a drain down by my house drive, it never hits the road.  I have anothe 30 or 40 loads of topsoil to the left of the in shots and way to the right of the out shots.  We are going to put a foot of blasted ledge on top of what you see in the most recent shots

NHHillbilly

Jim Unbelievable difference.  It doesn't even look like the same place.  The 4500 and The blue ox took up the whole entrance before.  I don't think you are goin to know what to do with all the room.  Miss your old mill yet?????
LT40hdg28

barbender

If there is an upside of a slow economy, it tends to weed out the slipshod outfits like the first guy you had in there. When times are good, all those morons runng around giving lowball prices makes it hard for the contractors that do good work make decent money sometimes. So I like to see those guys go belly up. I work for an asphalt paving contractor, we deal with those issues all the time.
Too many irons in the fire

woodmills1

Yes the drive really is much wider, but that was what was supposed to happen last fall.  I don't understand about the first guy, because he has what I thought was a reputable business and it is long standing.

At first I did miss the LT40, I guess the confidence I had in knowing just what it and I could do together was what I missed,  however 20 more minutes on the new "no longer bob's" LT70 and I won't be looking back.  As Kathy and I talked last night we named our new mill.......no longer Bob's and we also named your mill......"Bob's first mill"................ :D :D :D :D

woodmills1

here are some shots after two trucks all day bringing in a foot of blasted ledge and taking out the top soil.

a foot or so of blasted ledge

some fill dirt and a good shot of the ledge

the topsoil going out

the view from the street

Papa1stuff

Looks great ,do you chink the ledge with fines of some sort?
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

woodmills1

the ledge was pretty good for having fines but it is a bit bumpy, will drive on it for awhile and make some decisions on topping it.   If you thought yesterdays shot were good look at what we did today.  Me on my new CAT takin out apple trees and movin rocks, Al Jr. on the excavator and Al Sr. on the D-4.

we found a place for the big rocks, right on the fire pit that I had put one layer of large rock behind 6 years ago,  this defined the edge and gave us a berm to push against.

here is a view behind the fire pit.  I took out 6 more apples between 6:50 and 9:00 AM with the Cat to give them room to move the rest of the back of the drive easily.  I felt like a reasonable machine guy while moving the trees, but when it came to scooping rocks into the bucket later I was a rank amatur.

Here is the back to front view, with the trailer turn around in the foreground.  Man am I happy 8)

Meadows Miller

Gday 

Woodmills well you should be happy Mate  ;) :D ;D You n da boys have done an awsome job whatta difference  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) I gotta pick up Me game  ;) :D :D :D :D ;)

Reguards Chris

4TH Generation Timbergetter

woodmills1

dewwood

Glad to see you finally got it the way you wanted it to be.  It looks great!
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

woodmills1

I laughed when the kennedys said they would have me workin lika gentleman in no time.

woodmills1

I am working like a gentleman and not even on the drive yet.  Still over in the top soil but they only got 4 more rock loads to do tomorrow.  Man I am lovin it. 8) 8) 8)

woodmills1

here is a shot of the top coat I did in the last 3 days, nice reprossessed asphalt on the first third and chrushed and screened brick on the rest.  looks and drives great

Papa1stuff

Looking good Woodmills, They must of gotten soft in NH since I used to pave there. Doesn't look like there is a swale at the street! ;D ;D
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

Thank You Sponsors!