iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

driveway improvements

Started by woodmills1, November 23, 2008, 05:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

Excavating company is supposed to be here first thing tomorrow, so I have picked the area clean and moved everything out of the way.

Here are some before shots, with the last one taken right out at my street entrance.

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

underdog

Well thats one good thing about this economy ::).
The contractors are hungry  :'( and ready to go to work.
How many showed up begging for the job ???

woodmills1

I would have thought I would find some hungry offers also, but it seems the reverse, since the economy is down my topsoil has little value, so non wanted to do an offset.

Most of the guys who came to look said $1300 a day plus material.  Turns out that the company that will be doing the work is actually a concrete recycling company, with a glut of crushed material and a bit of down time.  Also in my favor, their equipment yard and crushing location are both in my town and fairly close.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

ellmoe

The crushed concrete works real well, but some of it has alot of wire in it. We walked the ground after using some for filling in large "holes" in our dirt roads. We still managed to pick up a wire with one of our loader tires.

Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

woodmills1

this company does use chrushing and screening, so 3" minus first then 3/4" minus on top.  That should cut down on the wire.

Tim L

nice open land . I guess when I picture the southern parts of the state , I think urban.
Do the best you can and don't look back

woodmills1

I will go out and take some pix now after 3 days of work but maybe only 2 days worth of hours really

yes I found a real nice place that also has like 10 walmarts within 20 minutes drive.

woodmills1

here are 3 shots of the work done with about 2.3 days of excavating time.  Most of the work is way back, but the pile of fill is evident in one shot.  6 loads of top soil out and 4 loads of crushed concrete back in about 20 yard loads.

While they are working and hauling on the sawmill driveway I have been picking out the house driveway to make it full 2 cars wide and have a good back in turn around.  First shot is the drive itself, now half coverd with crushed concrete 3/4 minus

and a shot of the turn around area with just clean out and no material

a shot of the turn around area

Tim L

nice set up. I need a little driveway repair myself but its gonna have to wait. My backhoe is down as is my plow truck and 4 wheeler . Remember that movie "Maximum overdrive" where all the machines rebel ? I think this is a mutiny !

Tom

Mine needs to be plowed to get it good enough to fix.  :-\

Your's is looking good.

Tim L

Tom

Must be the southern humor.  :D

Tim L

I guess its a location joke, you just have to be there !

woodmills1

Well, I know it sounds like deja vu but the excavator is supposed to be here by the end of the week

I could not get the original guy to call me back, and I have been leaving messages since late february.  I finnally ended up behind him on the road and followed him to where he was going.  Got him to visit my place and when he saw what a blivit he left me with, he apologized for jamming me up. He also only charged me a grand for the excavator time, I think he actually felt embarassed for not returning my calls and leaving my site in a chaos.

Got a new company to come in and finish the work.  They are filling a huge slope two houses away from me.  They have 3 trucks hauling blasted ledge some 60 trips a day.  I will try for a picture of that work because it is looking quite nice.

they brought in the second excavator yesterday and told me it should be in my yard this week, so I am scrambling to clean up my blivit.

beenthere

Let's hope that this time it really happens. Frustrating to have to wait so long to be able to spend your hard earned money on someone so slow to react and receive it.

Learned something new this morning...and that is what a blivit is.   :D :D
Not a term I use or hear, so had to look it up. Good description of the mess you were left with. Guess it is a military WWII term used to indicate more crap than a 5# bag can hold, or similar mess.   :) :)

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ErikC

The way I always understood it was "10 lbs of crap in a 5 lb sack"
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

woodmills1

Yes it dates to WWII dad was a torpedo mate on a destroyer.  What a great name destroyer. :o

woodmills1

ok updated my Java for AOL and hope I get the new resizer.  If so here are a few shots.

OK still can't get the new java uploader to run and even have a password at java so give me a minute and I go back to doing it my self

woodmills1

ok few shots the old way

this is a shot of my drive today, it should change soon(tomorrow)

this is part of the fiasco I was left with

this is an example of the work at my neighbors by the company that will be here tomorrow

the LT70 just for color

Meadows Miller

Gday

Woodmills its Looking Good Your not Mucking Around Mate  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

Quote from: Tom on December 06, 2008, 05:51:18 PM
Mine needs to be plowed to get it good enough to fix.  :-\

Dont worry I got it Tom  ;) :D :D ;D ;D that sounds like the roads downhere Mate   ;) :D :D :D ;D ;D

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

woodmills1

what a difference a day with a good operator makes.
here are two shots at bad sun angle but, man it looks much better already

Papa1stuff

Maybe I should haul my grader up there and finish it for you and after go to Connies,opps guess Connies isn't there anymore!
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

woodmills1

connies on 102?

it may still be there, but not the whole building there are 3 or 4 other stores and a pizza place.

Papa1stuff

They had super Sea Food and lots of it!
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

woodmills1

another half day of excavator and truck and.........O my god what a difference a good operator makes.

Thank You Sponsors!