iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's cooking for Thanksgiving?

Started by Paschale, November 23, 2008, 01:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paschale

We're heading over to my cousin's place, and we're going to be frying up a turkey.  I'm in charge this year of desserts, so I'm going to make a Guinness Chocolate Cake recipe that I came up with, plus a pumpkin-cranberry cake, as well as my mom's cherry pie recipe and I'm going to try a new pumpkin pie recipe that has homemade caramel in it.  It looks tasty:  http://www.gourmet.com/recipes/2000s/2006/11/caramel-pumpkin-pie

How about the rest of you?  What's going to be on your table?  Are you hosting, or going to family or friends?
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

scgargoyle

I guess we're creatures of habit. This is an 'off' year with just the three of us, but we'll do it up big as usual. I cook the turkey on the Weber charcoal grill, breast side down, with some chunks of mesquite for smoke. I catch the drippings in a pan under the bird, which makes terrific gravy! I also bake a 4-1/2 lb loaf of bread, and pies from scratch. The missus will do garlic mashed potatoes, herbed green beans, and creamed onions. We usually make some homemade cranberry sauce, and Santa Fe relish. We'll have sausage stuffing as well.
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Corley5

We're doing dinner for the 1st time in 4 years.  My parents and Grandma are coming and Dee's Mom and Dad and a couple of Zach's 1st cousins are also going to be here.  I'm going to deep fry a turkey, Dee's Mom is bringing her killer cheesecake and that's all I'm aware of and all that really matters to me  ;) ;D ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Jeff

I'm going to be all by myself here at the cabin during Thanksgiving. I'll have to try and get creative as I'll be limited to what is already here and what might walk in front of my deerblind before then. I wish I would have brought along a 22.  I could easily have stuffed Grouse. A deer rifle is a little overkill on a grouse.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

We are having it right here this year.First time in a couple years.Wife enjoys doing the cooking and the gathering of friends and family at our home.Nothing special will be served,just a simple dinner with all of the fixings.The nice silverware and the blue willow will be on the table and ready to be used.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Roxie

I've got a spunky daughter-in-law that invited us to dinner!  I'm really looking forward to it!  I don't know for certain what's gonna be on the table, and I don't care how it turns out.  Watching the next generation take command of the kitchen, is good enough for me!   :)
Say when

Jeff

I began the gathering of part of da fixens for my Thanksgiving meal at the cabin. :)

Don K

Musta knocked him in the head or sumptin, he don't look all blowed up from a large caliber shell. ;D I heard they were dumb like that to let you get close enough to hit with a stick.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Jeff

Twenty gauge 4 shot aimed high while he was walking. just a b.b. or two ta the upper extremities.  I need one more cause I need enough to eat "to much" for it to be a proper Thanksgiving meal. :D

bd354

We're going to the in-laws as usual. they're roasting a turkey and we'll also have a spiral cut ham. i'm smoking 10 chicken leg quarters to take. supposed to have peas and butterbeans and collards,creamed corn, mashed potatoes and gravy and stuffing. who knows how many and what kind of desserts. long as there's banana pudding i'm good.

bd354

hey scargoyle, how do you do the sausage stuffing? if you don't mind me asking

Jeff

Quote from: Jeff on November 24, 2008, 08:24:14 PM
  I need one more cause I need enough to eat "to much" for it to be a proper Thanksgiving meal. :D

Success. smiley_smug01

zopi

Deep fried Yak?

Gonna fry a Hoooge turkey...gravy, taters, sweet tater fries, greenbeans, apple, cherry and punkin pies, might wash it down with some Smithfield Ham...but not from Smithfield foods...local farmers
make some darn good hams...

take the leftover turkey and render it for stock and make soup..
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Radar67

The only thing I'm really looking forward to is Mom's sweet tater pie.  digin_2
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Don K

I'm frying a turkey,he better be good as I will fry him in liquid gold. 3 gals peanut oil was $38. :o  Dressing with giblet gravy, collards, fresh baked rolls, pecan and sweet tater pie and lots of other little side items.  8) 8) 8) Let the fat get fatter. ;D

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Thank You Sponsors!