iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

majaco log loader

Started by deadeye, November 22, 2008, 06:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadeye

just noticed in the pics at the home page that brads has a majaco 140 log loader.  looked at his pics and  noticed it's the same as mine.  word of advice where the hoses come out of the boom for your dipper cylinder is a weak spot.  mine cracked there and when i called the sales rep at anderson equip about it he said that the new ones don't have a hole there, he said that they had too many come backs ..   i said thanks for calling and letting me know before mine crack.....   if you are going to lift big logs take the hoses out of the boom and weld a good plate on the top .  just thought you should know before it starts cracking.   

sprucebunny

Thanks for the tip !!! I have Brad'S Majaco, now. I don't rev it up very high but I have tried to pick up more than it would lift more than once  ;D .....Usually have smaller logs.

Does yours seem like the main beam flexes quite a bit ?
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

deadeye

yes it flexes a lot, but that has a lot to do with the hole.  another thing to be careful of is to work the swing slowly when cold out, i usualy start mine by opening and closing the bucket a few times and then run the rotator for a minute just to get the oil moving.  then swing the boom to both side a few time to put hot oil in all the valves.  i learnt the hard way and had to change the swing mechinism  not to fun.  this happened because the cold oil and relief valve don't like each other.. beside that it can handle a lot of wood. have fun and don't forget to put the legs down.... :o

Reddog

Sprucebunny has been holding out on us. ;D

Any pictures of (the new toy I mean)these forwarders?
I keep debating about one for behind my tractor.
With Gafner gone there is not a lot of options for a US built machine.

*Edit* I found the pics in your Gallery SB.
How large of log is the loader rated to lift?
How much can you load it up before the J-5 has problems pulling it?

sprucebunny

I think the J5 will tow a house  :D The limiting factor would be how much the trailer tires sink into the ground.
I haven't used it much in the woods because it has been a wet summer and I have wet land..... I'm guessing that the loaded 6x10 dump trailer weighs about the same as a load of wood on the Majaco and the J5 towed the dirt load fine even with  narrow tires.
Last winter I moved full trailer loads of firewood around the yard using my Dodge Dakota in low range to tow the Majaco. Tongue weight is high. I needed to balance the trailer with the wood.

The log/load lift rating would depend on how far out.....I don't have the chart for that. Long reaches for heavy logs require careful positioning or the whole trailer will tilt  :o ( Legs down or not !!  ;) )

I love having the loader...sure gives new meaning to 'picking up the yard'  ;D

It looks like the ground is going to freeze this winter so the Majaco should get some woods time  :)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Thank You Sponsors!