iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rust

Started by oregonsawer, November 21, 2008, 12:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oregonsawer

>:(Every thing i have is rusting.
I have used oil and grease W-D 40 and others.
Nothing seams to work.

Do any of you guys have a answer?
Thank You.

zopi

Magic paint, one coat for dust, two coats for rust..<GRIN>
Move south.

What kind of equipment?  outside stuff or indoor machinery...indoor stuff if the building is pretty tight, getcha a bunch of camphor..'s what machinists use..

outside...paint or powder coat...with good prep...

also...shiny metal..rusts...rusty metal, scrubbed of loose crap..and oiled..tends not to..an oxide coating (anodize) can help prevent further corrosion.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

ADAMINMO

Rust Reaper  smiley_hanged  www.rustreaper.com    

Captain

http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com/

I buy this stuff from Gempler's.  It is available at any John Deere store also.  I use it for long term storage.

Certainly Rust Reaper is my first choice for rust prevention  ;D

CAPTAIN

Lud

Heavy rust.. a sand blaster is a good start.  Degreaser and then the high pressure washer.

Rust Reaper is excellent.  Got a couple pints .  Love the way it penetrates bolts and nuts.  Haven't tried it on big areas  .

I've  had luck with rust converter from HD's paint department..   Paint it on, it turns black and forms a skin you can paint over.

For paint I use implement paint from the TSC,  a heavy oil base that sets up harder than a rock.

About 5 years ago I did my old Ford tractor, the blade, the plow, my slip scoop ,  and my bushhog.  The whole set looked pretty fine.   All holding up well. 
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

stonebroke

fluid film is the best. I buy it at the local napa.

Stonebroke

Thank You Sponsors!