iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My new truck.

Started by ADAMINMO, November 20, 2008, 10:13:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADAMINMO

Sorry guys ..... but I been holdin out on ya. The Saturday before the Moultrie Ga show I went and traded off and got a new truck. 2008 Dodge 1500 4 door 4x4. This is the first brand new truck I have ever had.
So I went from this ..........

To this ..........

Burlkraft

Congrats on the truck Adam   8)  8)  8)

Looks like a beauty   ;)  ;)  ;)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Warbird

Very nice!  Did you trade the old one in?

ADAMINMO

Thanks guys.

Warbird , I did trade in my old one and I sure miss it. With it being deer season I limit myself to stay out of the woods so as not to scratch it up yet. Gotta get the new off it first. :D

Warbird

Heh.  I tell you, I've been real tempted lately to get a new truck, what with prices plummeting and the 0% APR they are offering.  Your truck, both the old one and the new one, look a heck of a lot better than the old snow plow beast I currently drive!

And you answered my first question right in the first post.  Sorry.  Hadn't had the morning coffee yet.   ::)  Can't quite tell in the pic...  does the new one have a long box or a short one?  What kind of engine did you get in it?  It's a real beauty.  Just go put a tiny scratch on it in some hidden spot, then you'll feel much better about using it like a real truck.  ;) ;D

ADAMINMO

It is a short box. No Hemi but a V8. The bed is full of scratches inside of it cause I did actually haul some stuff with it already.  I hauled some 4" x 6" x 8' long beams and they had rocks in the end from being on the ground. I slid in the first one trying to be careful and heard the gutwrenching, high pitched, deep scratching sound. :(  Needless to say the other 5 of them didn't go in as careful. :D I do plan to get the spray in bed liner in it at first of the  year though.
O well ...... Thats what a truck is for right. I do have a s-10 blazer to bust through the woods in though so no biggie on using truck in woods yet.

rbhunter

I read about a bird dog trainer who would take a new truck and drive through a hedgerow or a new saddle and would throw it in the stock tank so he could quit worrying about scratching the truck or getting the saddle wet and concentrate on his work.

It might just work so that you could use your truck for hunting.  :D

Of course you may feel so bad you might accidently use the hood for a bench rest like someone I heard of. He shot at a deer and missed. After a short bit he realized he shot his hood and fender.  :D

Nice truck. It should be cooler than your old one come summer.
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

Corley5

8) 8)  Nice Ride  8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Dale Hatfield

I think their sould be a man that stand at the end of the dealer lot  that installs the first dent. Then you can drive home in a new useful truck as apposed to the new unit . Because before that first new d/s  a man can go to wits end tring to prevent it. Making you think that now that i have a nice one I need a used one to work. Wait I just traded a used on or wait this one is used now.
Congrats on the new ride . Im sure its cause a nice grin .
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

thecfarm

Bring it up to Chesterville,Maine. I'll get the new off for ya.  :D  First new truck,good for you.Just about the only thing I buy new is not driven down the road. Oh well.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

pappy19

You'll wish you had gotton a real truck...a Ford Super Duty. My 2008 F-250 V-10 is one hoss. Hope your frame doesn't bend.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

metalspinner

Now, now Pappy, let's play nice.  We Ford guys need to take easy on those Dodge fella's.  They will all come around sooner or later. ;D

Great looking truck Adam.  Your going to love those full doors on the back.  The kids and dogs can get in sooo much easier.  Plus you can store more junk back there. 8)  Spray line is on my list, too.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

dnalley

Congrats, Adam.  Nice looking truck....BUT...I think you traded off the better looking truck ;D

beenthere

Nice truck Adam. Good on ya.
    ;D ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Left Coast Chris

Hi Adam,

I bought the exact same truck in the 07' model.    Love mine.  If I baby it I can get 17mpg combined city and highway.   Can't do that with the Hemi.  I was wanting a spray in bed liner also but changed my mind.  I VERY carefully loaded the back with manzinita burls being EXTREMELY careful not to drop any in the bed.   After going down the road and geting home the bed got some dimple dents in the bottom.  Thinner steel than my 92' Chevy.   Now Im thinking a thick rubber mat in the bed is the way to go.  Food for thought.

I love the way it handles with a load.  Better than the Chevy.  The auto transmision is really great also.  Can't hardly feel it shift and it gets the same milage as the manual.  Better head room than the others also.

Congrats  8) 8) 8)
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

JimMoore

Very nice! but the old one was nice to.

york

nothing wrong with old truck...
Albert

easymoney

but where are you going to get warranty work done when the big three auto makers go bankrupt. just kidding (i think) the auto executives going to the government begging for money reminds me of a kid tugging at daddys coat taild begging for money for candy. you helped the banks, now it is our turn. ::)

tcsmpsi

Getting closer all the time now, Adam.   ;D 

Now, don't pay attention to those 'wish they had a real truck' folks.  They gotta build up their ego somehow.   :D  (my first dodge was a '49 model)

I've been using Bedrug inside the bed for several years.  I like them.  Whether exposed or not, they hold up.  From hauling debris, firewood, rock, etc.,  to sleeping. 

Congratulations!
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

sawman

8) Congratualtions on the new truck. The extra room with the quad cab sure is nice.
I know i miss mine. Enjoy the ride.
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

Dave Shepard

Nice ride Adam! Ever notice how it's the Ford people who always start first? ::)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Warbird

Hey now...  I'm a Ford guy but like Dodges, too.  Good trucks with a solid front axle (as opposed to the split A-frame suspension).

Meadows Miller

Gday

Congrats Adam thats a dang nice bit of gear you got there  ;) ;D 8) the old one was a looker too Mate ;D

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

WildDog

Gotta say I'm jealous, congratulations on the new purchase, are you going to leave it stock or lift it like your old truck. Trucks like that are rare down here, one thing I noticed was the recessed square in the rear window, I am guessing it opens?
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Meadows Miller

Gday

Yeh Wilddog not many and  not much change left outa $100k mmm i mean no change either ;) :D ;D :D  Hey mate  ;D  like the bumper sticker says Real Blokes Drive Utes  ;) :D :D ;D But You Gotta LOVE an old FEE but My blood runs Blue  ;) ;D

Chris 
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Thank You Sponsors!