iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fauxbird

Started by Tom, November 19, 2008, 11:39:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Day before yesterday, the sweet gums in the front yard all decided to lose their leaves at once.  The downfall was so thick I could hardly see through them.

Today, I noticed, out of the corner of my eye, that there were little birds flitting about in the front yard.  I looked and found that it was the leaves. There is a circular area, about 20 feet across, that the wind swirles in.  There is hardly a leaf on the ground there, but those from the sides dance across it from side to side.  The sweet gum leaves look, all the world, like a little sparrow, if you aren't looking directly at them.  Sometimes they do if you are looking right at them too. :D

I was facinated by this phenomena  when I saw Gael's barn cat, newly devoid of the kittens that were in her stomach a week ago, stalking the leaves across the front yard.  She had apparently seen the same thing I had seen and was going to catch her one.   Boy, did she look disgusted to find out it was a leaf.  She still had to walk around the bare area and check out the rest of them to make sure they were leaves too.

I don't know where the kittens are.  :-\ :)

zopi

Quote from: Tom on November 19, 2008, 11:39:31 AM

I don't know where the kittens are.  :-\ :)

They'll show up.....hungry...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

beenthere

Tom said they were in the stomach last week....did she eat them? 

;D ::) ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

The porch coon is eating all the vitals.  Boys, must be hard times with cats eating leaves. ;D  :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

They could be under the house, or they could be in the barn, or they could be up inside of the old Toyota, or the Diamond Backs that frequent the underside of the house might have used them for winter hibernation, but youse doesn't haveta call me Ray! :D

dang! Where'd that come from?

Thank You Sponsors!