iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Candidate for Stoopidist Man Of The Year Contest

Started by CHARLIE, July 09, 2003, 07:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHARLIE

The following was in the July 9, 2003 Rochester Post Bulletin. Yep, this happened right here in Rochester, Minnesota and it's hard to believe someone is that dumb. ::)

Drill accident leaves gouge in man's chest

A 27 year old man was in fair condition at St. Marys Hospital this morning after a drill he was operating slipped and plunged the bit attached to it into his chest.

The Rochester Deputy Fire Chief said the man was working at the Olmsted County Work Release Center in Rochester around 1:30 p.m. Tuesday afternoon when the accident occurred.  The man was holding a piece of metal up to his chest and drilling toward his body when the bit slipped and sunk about 1 to 2 inches into his chest. :o

The man was conscious and alert when authorities arrived but was in a lot of pain and bleeding quite badly.  ::)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

whitepe

Sounds like he could have been a candidate for
the Darwin Awards. :D
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Tom

That's worse than sitting on the limb you're cutting off of the tree.

biziedizie

I'm not even going to tell you the story about my dad and his finger and the drill........

I shake my head every time I think about that little scene....

Steve

Tom

AWWWWW  c'mon.  You can't say that and not tell us. :-/

inspectorwoody

County work release center.....Jail bird  ??? Did he happen to find the evidence room where the drug stash was  ::)

Well this isn't nearly as bad as that but yet quite dumb...

My dad is a criminal investigator for our police department and in his 20+ years he has run into some pretty stupid people..Here is the most recent.

Guy goes over to a near by town and writes a 14,000 check for a pickup. Check is no good and he is already on probation for a smilar incident. The recover the truck and him and than they release him on his own word. First mistake. So than a few days later he comes back to Independence and ask to take a jeep for a test drive.....doesn't come back. He booked state but the county mounties caught him tonight on his way back home  ::)

No wonder they say criminals are the dumbest people  :D

biziedizie

Tom.......I'm not ready to tell the story just yet :D

He came to the door with a bloody finger with a hole in it and to this day when I think about it it just pi#@^% ME OFF!

I love my dad and all but that day I coulda made him drive to the hospital himself. :o

It was as bad as the day the tree was dropped on my roof. :'(

Steve

EZ

Some people are about as dumb as a submarine with a screen door. ;D
EZ

Sawyerfortyish

Sounds about as dumb as the guy that was using a crane to take down a tree it started to tip over so he jumped on the stabalizer leg for counter balance on a 20 ton truck it didn't work and he didn't make it.

Haytrader

O K, I have a dumb story too, and it's on me.  :)

When in high school, we had a large rope connected to the top of the gym. You know, one of those big uns to climb. It had a knot tied on bottom. We are talkin about 35 to 40 ft. I was messing around with some other guys and since the trampoline was close by, I thought I would play Zoro, and swing from the bleachers onto the trampoline. I climbed on top of the bleachers, jumped out onto the rope, standing on the knot, and began my swing. Next thing I know, WHAM........the knot was about a foot below the edge of the trampoline. My ankles still hurt when I think about it.  :'( Man did I feel dumb.
Haytrader

Kevin

Zoro?
That sounds more like Wile E coyote and his ACME rope kit.  :D

breederman

I laughed so loud the dog got to barking! That had to hurt.
Together we got this !

Texas Ranger

Ya know, this chain of thought leads to a number of real problems for me, I would hate to name ANYONE on this board to this category.

But go back and read some posts, I am still in the dog house and cannot comment.

The dumbest thing I have done was cutting a pole, and decided to jumb butt it, naturally, it started falling back on me, so I one handed the chain saw, it did an arc, and peeled half the thickness of leather off my boot top
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Bro. Noble

Well I'm not quite ready to confess to being stupid but I will admit I made a big mistake recently.  I bought some cows from a friend.  He was telling me that I might not want this one cow because although she milked extremely well she was too smart.  I ask whdda ya mean.  He explained that he has overhead feeders and that each time he pulls the rope for a given cows feeder,  it dumps out a measured amount of feed to her.  This cow learned that when she ate her alloted amount of feed,  she only needed to reach her head over the rail and pull the rope with her mouth.  I told him that that wouldn't be a problem to me because I have electric feed meters. ::)

This morning (for about the tenth time)  I was in a hurry and shorthanded.  I let the DanG cow run out of feed.  Once again she reached over and pulled the cord to the feeder.  Had to shut off the breaker and rewire it once more. >:(

I sometime think that anyone that milks is an automatic candidate for the stoopidest man of the year. :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Jeff

I am not going to accept stupid on this one, but ignorance. And it has to do with cows also.

A few years ago I went to visit one of the dairy farmers that gets sawdust at the mill. We have been friends for years and I hunt on his property. Well, Albert was in the milk barn and I went into talk to him. While talking across a cow, I noticed this serrated strip of metal hanging from stout wire above the cows back. I presumed it was a back scratcher. I said whats this. a back sc... as I reached up and touched it. Albert tried to stop me but I was to quick for him.

Turns out, for those of you that don't know what it was either, Cows hump up just before they go to the bathroom. This device causes them to step back and go in the barn cleaner. Its electrified big time. Needless to say, I think, I too, went in the barn cleaner.

Haytrader

Jeff,

One story leads to another. As I young whipper snapper, I had just finished helping my dad and grand dad put up some electric fence. I felt the urge to get rid of the pepsi we had earlier. Grandpa noticed and said "Bet ya can't pee over that fence" and before I thought, well, you know what happened. I really strained to show him I could whiz over that fence. It got me going over..............and got me again coming back.
 :-/

And please, don't anyone remind me of other stupid things I have done.

;D
Haytrader

Ron Wenrich

Stupid people think on grander scales.  

When I was doing some work for the electric company, they told the story of one guy who was out painting some of the high tension towers.  It was a 125 KVA line.

He was new on the job, and kind of a show off.  To impress his buddies, he figured he would take a leak off of the tower.  His last words were "Watch this".
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Fla._Deadheader

We just had an idiot try to rob a bank in town, last Tuesday. He went to the drive-up window. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Sawyerfortyish

WELL did he get away with the lollypops? ::) :D :D :D

Fla._Deadheader

The law cuffed him and stuffed him at the local watering hole, about 1/2 mile away ??? :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

burlman

here's one I heard this winter. A mechanic was changeing tires on a plow truck, the garage had a few guys hustling about, our man was picking the wheel nuts up off the floor to install the tire buy putting his index finger in the nuts threads  , then  shoving the nut into the impact gun and speeding them onto the studs. well after the 3rd one as he had his figer in the nut and the impact socket all at the same time, some one bumped into his elbow causing him to pull the trigger, and he threaded the nut all the way down his finger, much like cutting a die on a pipe. Every time i touch anything threaded I think about that guy. think safe...burlman... P.S. yes they had to reverse the impact to remove the nut, skin does not seem to like being wrapped up one way, then reversed

Tom

I-e-e-e-e-e-e   ow-w-w-w-  ouch!

I knew you were going to say that as soon as I read that he stuck his finger in the nut.   ow-w-w

Is he ok?  

DanG !  That hurts all the way down here. :-/

Jeff

Man, I knew what was going to happen before I read it but it hurt worse reading it. Yeosa!

Our Mechanic used to have hair down past his shoulder blades. (Ya Dont dare call him a sissy he's 6ft 6)  One day while under the semi, he rolled out on the creeper and wrapped the whole 9 yards up in the creeper wheels. Here big Jerry is lying on his back have way out from under the trailer with the creeper stuck to the back of his head. Man he had a mess.  That was probably 6 years ago. He has had very short hair ever since,

Thank You Sponsors!