iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

gafner question

Started by twobears, November 12, 2008, 07:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twobears

i was on a farm tractor website a few nights ago and i did a search  on gafner iron mules.
in a couple posts the guys said something about gafner mini skidders.i thought all he built was iron mules and log loaders.
anybody every seen or heard about those gafner mini skidders?? i can,t remember the modle numbers they talked about but it was 1?? something..i,de have to look them up again.

delbert

twobears

i did some more searching/reading on that site,, it,s a  Gafner 152 Mini-Skidder(Massey based)... according too one guy gafner only made two..this guy has one and another guy came on and said he had one and it was looking for a new home..i emailed the guy but haven,t gotten a reply in two days...the other guy i can,t contact..

Ron Scott

Gafner broght out the Iron Mule forwarder models during the period 1957-1965 and briefly produced a Mini Skidder in 1968, but I don't know much about it.
~Ron

twobears

i see gafner made a three wheeled tree feller too.last night i ran acrossed one for sale it looked very heavy built.
i tryed doing a post on that tractor website but,i keep getting a error message and the guy i emailed hasn,t answered me back.

delbert

Ron Scott

During the 70's the Gafner Company experimented briefly with manufacturing a harvester and they did make a 3 wheeler intended to compete with the Bell 3 wheeler.
~Ron

CountryTrucker76

Quote from: twobears on November 12, 2008, 07:05:05 PM

i was on a farm tractor website a few nights ago and i did a search  on gafner iron mules.
in a couple posts the guys said something about gafner mini skidders.i thought all he built was iron mules and log loaders.
anybody every seen or heard about those gafner mini skidders?? i can,t remember the modle numbers they talked about but it was 1?? something..i,de have to look them up again.

delbert
I actually own one of these Mini Gaf 152 skidders it has a 4 cylinder mercedes engine and the skidder has several levers for low low range and for all wheel drive it is white in color and it originally was a cable skidder but now has been converted to a mini forwarder with a gafner loader. The other one I was told was taken out to california by the owner to do some logging out there so look out redwoods. It is an awesome little machine and the rack thats on it holds 2 big cords of wood.

mad murdock

Countrytrucker76-do you have a pic of your machine? It sure would be neat to see!  Back in the day my brother and i bought a brand new 4501 iron mule. It was a nice machine!
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

logman81

I know of two models of mini skidders that gafner produced. One was the MB 411 that had the Mercedes Benz 107 cu. inch diesel. Also found those engines in Unimogs. They also produced the model 4000MS that had the Perkins AD3-152 diesel. If anyone wants any specs I have both sales brochures on these neat little skidders.
Precision Firewood & Logging

CountryTrucker76

This is a Mini Gaf Skidder made by the Gafner company its 1968- 1971. It was originally a cable skidder but mine has been modified into a mini forwarder. Tried to post the pictures but the site wouldn`t let me/

beenthere

The forum won't keep you from posting pics. ;)  Now your procedure may, but not the forum.

Go to the Home page and down to the "Behind the Forum" on the list. click it and follow the first post for directions. But first, go to your profile and set up your own gallery for a place to put your pics. It's a good system and not difficult to follow. Post any hangup you have and help will be available. Most of us have "been there", no pun intended. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

coxy

beenthere wouldn't you like to have a penny for every post you put about posting pics you did it for me and worked great  and thanks for taking the time to help us people out  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

beenthere

Thanks coxy.
But I think thecfarm does it better than me, and some more often.  But whatever helps...
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

logman81

Does it look like this ?

logman81

terry f

Good luck on the picture posting, keep working at it and sooner or later one will get up. If you are using a new camera that might be the problem, mine only lets half the new ones post.

BEEMERS

Check out the post on page 3 called"what is the smallest skidder" posted by ozarkgem. probably the most available info on the gafner skidders anywhere.

BEEMERS

Show em your brochures Logman!!

logman81

logman81

logman81

Finally decided to pursue this gafner mini skidder. Guy didn't use it at all this past summer so I made him a offer to rent to own it. Got lots of potential firewood available so I need it bad. The tractor with grapple just ain't a skidder and it's pretty tired. Hope a deal can be made!

lopet

Quote from: mad murdock on November 04, 2011, 03:41:58 PM
Countrytrucker76-do you have a pic of your machine? It sure would be neat to see! 

Pleeeeaaase !

Jeff posted some videos here how to post pictures.   https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,61788.0.html
That may helps.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

logman81

CountryTrucker76

Im sorry it took a long time to send pics

hacknchop

Better late than never.:) 
That's a nice picture ,thanks for posting.
Often wrong never indoubt

Thank You Sponsors!