iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Veteran's Day

Started by Warbird, November 11, 2008, 10:47:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warbird

If you are an American, please take a moment today to remember all of the soldiers who have served their country.  To all of those FF'ers who have served, God bless you and thank you. 

No politics in this thread, please.  Just say thanks if you feel like it.  :)

crtreedude

Thanks to all those who served, or are serving. May you always be honored.
So, how did I end up here anyway?

beenthere

My flag is flying high, and many thanks to those who have put their life on the line for our freedoms, and for keeping the rest of us out of harms way.

Thanks to the veterans around the world who follow their flag for their country. May we live in peace while protecting our freedoms.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

It's a national holiday here in Canada, so I think my remembrance and thanks counts to. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ellmoe

Thanks from me and mine, too. smiley_clapping
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

sawguy21

Canadians call it Remembrance Day in memory of our fallen soldiers.We will be observing two minutes of silence at 11:00AM to mark the WW1 armistice.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Faron

A local radio station aired today's Veteran's Day program at an area school.  I don't remember hearing that before.  An Iraq vet spoke quite eloquently.  He spoke of his generation's sacrifices, but stressed the Viet Nam vets and WWII vets. 
Thank you to all who have served our country.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

JV

For me the phrase "For those who gave all" has special meaning.  I lost a longtime

friend shortly after I came back stateside.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

Warbird

Quote from: SwampDonkey on November 11, 2008, 12:57:11 PM
It's a national holiday here in Canada, so I think my remembrance and thanks counts to. ;D

Sorry about that SD.  I did not know that Canada remembered their vets today, as well. 

SwampDonkey

I don't know if they still do it at schools now. But, when I was a kid in elementary school we had to do a Remembrance day program, kinda like at Christmas, only for the veterans. I don't remember Nov 11 being a holiday back then because we went to school to put on this program.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Actually Warbird, some of us that live in border towns call it Veteran's Day as well. ;)

Tom

Gael is working for a Japanese company, "Enkei", they make wheels for imports.  They not on don't observe Veterans Day, they don't even acknowledge it.   I can't understand why.  ;D

SwampDonkey

:D :D I called the Toyota garage for an inspection appointment today and it was closed up tight.  8)

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

Don't want to upset anyone now do we Tom. We all have to be careful not to offend anyone here in the states.That's not what this post is about,I'm sorry.
I want to thanks all veterans that lets us say what we want to and the freedom that is granted upon us every single day that we are alive here in the great USA.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

zopi

Thanks guys...and thank you all for keeping the American spirit alive here at home...It's comforting to know that wherever we go in the world, there a re great folks keeping a light on at home.

Tom, you certainly didn't offend me..I've got a great uncle still on the Arizona...

I will very likely be leaving for the middle east right before christmas..I just got my clearance yesterday, and will be checking out of the command on leave for three weeks or so sometime next week..

For all my brothers and sisters who are in harm's way tonight, Godspeed you home, and be safe out there.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

JimMoore

Thanks to all who served

Ron Scott

Received this from one of my son's today and it brought back some memorys and some tears. Thanks all.

~Ron

nas

Quote from: SwampDonkey on November 11, 2008, 02:07:20 PM
I don't know if they still do it at schools now. But, when I was a kid in elementary school we had to do a Remembrance day program, kinda like at Christmas, only for the veterans. I don't remember Nov 11 being a holiday back then because we went to school to put on this program.
My kids went to the local legion hall at 11:00 for a ceremony and lunch.  There is also an annual Rememberance day poster contest for the elementary school kids.  Some real nice art.

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Radar67

Thank you to all, previous and present.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

bd354

To All The Veterans Past And Present      THANK YOU!!

zopi

My three daughters got together at Girl scouts tonight and put together a little ceremony for me...the oldest read the history of the Armistice, and the other two chimed in on their cues...I do believe I am raising some little patriots...awesome little girls.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

mrcaptainbob

thecfarm

zopi,I do believe you are raising them up right.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ely

thanks to all the service men and women who ever signed their name on the paper. it means a great deal to me.

Thank You Sponsors!