iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trick or Treating...Forestry Forum Style

Started by Burlkraft, November 07, 2008, 06:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

I just did a QUICK trip to both the Michigan's and back down through Wisconsin. Stopped at Furby's and got plants, stopped in Cadillac and got some BIG ash beams for the Forest Service, stopped and got Jeff and we stopped at Corley5's for some maple burls.Then I took Jeff to the UP and dropped him off, then across the UP to Marquette to Pasbuild's house for a large load of figured turning blanks and figured boards and then back home last night. I found out then that Jill's Grandmother had passed that day. I delivered the beams to The Forest Products Lab this morning. Was going to buy BeenThere lunch, but had to get back home and go to Illinois to be with Jill's family. I'm going to bed soon as it's been a long hard trip.   :-\  :-\  :-\

When you trick or treat with a 12,000 lb. trailer and a pickup truck ya come home with some awesome treats  ;D  ;D  ;D

Pictures will follow when I git back home  ;)  ;)  ;)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

WDH

I am really sorry to hear of the loss in your family.  May God be with y'all. 

That kind of trick or treating would be just right for me.  I may have to try that with Customsawyer, Woodbowl, Tom, DanG, Don K, and Radar67 :D.\

Get ready boys, I need some nice treats ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Radar67

We might be able to find something for your bag.  ;) Sorry to hear of your loss Steve.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

stumpy

Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Norm

Wow that was a whirlwind trip. Let Jill know she and her family are in our thoughts and prayers. :)

Jeff

Hey, we were passin treats out here to that Steve didn't mention. Our cabin treats weren't fancy and a bit old.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

He had room for puddin stones? 
No wonder he looked tired at 10 am, as he had all of it unloaded except for the ash timbers.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Burlkraft

Hey Sorry Jeff............

I did load up them sinker logs Jeff had and brought them home too  ;D  ;D  ;D

"Thee Bob" thinks like I do and that udder one is curly red birch  ;D  ;D  ;D

We'll see as I put that one directly in the shop for a project test  ;)  ;)  ;)

I came home last night and left Jill down there. I know she would thank you all for your kind words and thoughts.
They are gonna cremate her Grandmother and put the ashes from her Grandfather together with them. They will be together for ever now  ;D  ;D    We'll be going back down next Saturday for a memorial service. They have a large family spread out all over the U.S.  6 kids......18 Grand kids.....6 Great Grand kids.....and in about 6 months the first Great Great Grandchild  ;D  ;D  ;D  She was looking forward to that  :-\  :-\  :-\

Jeff

Quote from: beenthere on November 08, 2008, 10:05:26 AM
He had room for puddin stones? 
No wonder he looked tired at 10 am, as he had all of it unloaded except for the ash timbers.  :)

Those timbers looked to be a team effort to get moved
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Burlkraft

Luckily the Lab had a nice forklift to remove them beams from my trailer   ;D   ;D

I know I wuz tired and Beenthere didn't look like he wanted to take an end  :D  :D

Burlkraft

Well I finally got around to postin' some pics of the score from the trip.......

Beenthere and the Forest Service beams all stored away waiting to go to Montana

This is some of Jeff's sinker wood from Da UP and some assorted burls and bird's eye from Pasbuild

Do you think that piece there is curly  ???  ???  ???

Burls and Bird's Eye

This is a stack of sliced burls, spalted maple boards and some more Bird's Eye   8)  8)  8)

Thanks to all who "donated" to my little collection. It will be put to good use. Some of it will be in an auction coming soon  ;D ;D ;D

Warbird

*whistle*  Wow.  Very nice!  Can't wait to see what you create from all of that.  I see bowls, table tops...  the mind boggles. 

WDH

The mind does boggle and jealousy thrives.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Reddog

Did you trade a new arch for that curly maple?            :D :D :D :)

pasbuild

I told Steve not to worry about that, I told him you had it covered Wally ;D
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Reddog

Quote from: pasbuild on November 21, 2008, 06:56:38 AM
I told Steve not to worry about that, I told him you had it covered Wally ;D

Okay, Do you need yet this fall or by spring?

beenthere

Feels like fall is already past, and we are into winter...here in WI anyway.. ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Reddog

Winter does'nt start till below Zero weather.  :D

pasbuild

Don't need it till spring so ya can take all winter ta make it ;) ;D
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Thank You Sponsors!