iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

CONCRETE PILE FOUNDATIONS

Started by robbshowe, November 06, 2008, 06:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robbshowe

Has anyone used metal beam supports either cast into or resting on concrete pile foundations. I was hoping to use this arrangement on a 3 bay workshop and wondered if anyone could advise? I intended using approximately 12" diam x 36" deep concrete piles(depending on soil conditions!) and hoped to use U-shaped metal supports to locate the sole plates securely to these piles.  The piles will be located under each post.  All suggestions welcome.

Jim_Rogers

Robb:
There is lots of information here on the forestry forum in this timber framing section.
When you need some answers try doing a search of this section with some key words like "foundation" or such and you'll probably find the answers.
If not I'll help you find the answers if I have posted them, before.
Check out this thread about foundation and connections.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,3604.0.html

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

sawdust

Robb, I don't know if Frost is an issue in your area. Piles need to extend well below the frost line.

Interesting little tidbit... A fellow in my ambulance last week works for a pile drilling outfit. He was working up in the tarsands in northern Alberta, in certain areas the concrete truck needs to be right there and ready. The hole starts to fill with oil as soon as it is drilled. Sounds like a story, but I have seen tarsand and it really is damp with black oil. Smells real nice too! I believe him.

sawdust
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

Thank You Sponsors!