iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log Lathes

Started by Rockwood, November 05, 2008, 03:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockwood

Can anyone give me any info on log lathes?

I have found some info on the Woodlandia and Roundtec models.

Does anyone own or have experience with either of these?
Are there any others of interest (or to avoid)?

Thanks in advance.

happyj

I ran into a lathe called jobber the other day. I tried to download the word doc they sent me but, it must be to big (has several imbedded pics). pm me and i will send it to you.

happyj

Rockwood

Thanks Happyj - I've got info on the Jobber.

Its got some definite advantages - relatively cheap, located in Canada (as am I), saddle notch attachment - but not exactly what I'm looking for.

The Woodlandia and Roundtec (any others?) perform 4 functions, namely peeling/turning, kerfing, notching and coping. They are expensive, but so are the log home kits I have priced out. I have an ample supply of trees (hundreds of acres), so my idea is to invest in the equipment and utilize my own timber.

Anyone else have experience with log lathes?

woodlandia.ca

Hi Rockwood,
Please let me know if you still looking for log home building solution?
Where in Canada are you located?
Contact us please...
Regards,
Andrew

------------------------ For your information -------------------------
Our web site has been updated in February-2009. Please review new additions:
http://www.woodlandia.ca/Members/andrewm/shared-documents/our-web-site-has-been-updated-in-february-2009
Please review our sales process: http://www.woodlandia.ca/about/our-sales-process
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chuck White

Wood-Mizer makes a lathe attachment that attaches to their sawmills.

I saw a demo of this lathe at the Woodsmens days here in NY.

It's a really interesting piece of equipment.  Not too expensive either!

Give their website a look-over and you'll find it.  I haven't looked for it, but they probably even have a video of the lathe in operation.

Chuck
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!