iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

XT190 series 3

Started by ely, October 31, 2008, 02:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stonebroke

he might have to adjust the furrow wheel in or out.

Stonebroke

ely

its like corely said. there are alot of different holes in that plate so i should be able to slide it over.
it is an allis chalmers tractor and also an A/C plow.  the hitch on it has been cobbled with a welding machine but it still adjusts the same way as before. not certain what they were reattaching but i could have built a good sized storage facilty with the amount of rods they burnt on that hitch. :D

thanks for the insite guys, i am not sure if i told you how much i love this site. this week.

beenthere

Is it possible that the furrow wheel might also need to be adjusted in on the axle?
Some of them slide in and out, for different applications.

That is scary that your plow has been hit with the welder. Adjusted right, it can be fun plowing. Adjusted wrong, it can be a real nightmare.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Dave Shepard

You wouldn't be able to pull that plow around here. At least not until the ground thaws out. :D My A-C friend says that is a really good tractor. I haven't seen a semi-mount that you drive on land, but we have a 5 bottom trailer plow that you drive on land. You let the drawbar swing, and the plow does it's own thing.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Corley5

I've always wanted a 4 bottom on land plow  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Dave Shepard

Don't you have a 706? Just 'cause it's older than you doesn't mean you have to go easy on it. ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Gary_C

Quote from: Corley5 on December 08, 2008, 05:30:56 PM
I've always wanted a 4 bottom on land plow  :)

Most people around here that have those on land hitch plows just hate them. Neighbor said they are the hardest thing to stay in front of he had ever seen. I've never seen a 4 bottom on land hitch before. Most on land hitch plows around here were 6, 7, 8, or 10 bottom.

Most plows around here are either scrapped or left in the weeds out behind the shed. All bean ground is left untouched in the fall and then one pass with the field cultivator in the spring and planted. The corn ground is either disc-chiseled in the fall or left for the no till bean drill in the spring. Very few plows ever seen in the fields now and that does not make me sad.  8)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

HOGFARMER

I run an IH 4186 with dual wheels on both the front and rear axles.  We use a MF 880 6 bottom on land plow with it.  I find it easy to plow with.  I keep the outside tire near the edge of the furrow and it does a great job.  Some people with 2 wheel drives use a pipe mounted on the front with a chain hanging down thsat goes in the furrow as a means to space the tractor from the furrow.  With a little practice it becomes second nature.
Manual LT-30

Dave Shepard

4186, that's a cool old beast. 8) 8)

Norm

I haven't seen a moldboard plow in years around here either. A chisel does such a better job that they have mostly been scrapped or left out back. We leave the bean fields and only do the corn patch if it's corn on corn. As a kid I can remember seeing the ditches filled with black dirt in the spring after our prairie winds blew all winter. 

ely

my 5 bottom came with the tractor when i paid for it. so i took it. and i am not gonna have something and not pull it :D.
i also got a set of duals for it too.
he had an offset disc with a 10 ft cut on it i have to go back and pay him for that and haul it home too.
probably only use the 5 bottom when i start a new patch in grassland. the offset should keep it all in check from then on.

Norm

Ely I sure wasn't meaning to say the moldboards aren't a good implement. I wish we could use them for certain fields but with our winds, rain and soil type they just aren't practical. I'd like to have one just for our garden area, the 16' chisel is a bit of overkill. :D

Dave Shepard

Hey! I resent resemble that remark!

:D

Handy Andy

I used to have one just like that Dave.  Before I went green.  Anyway, the reason those wheels slide on the axle is that you have to set your right wheel for your plow.  Should give you the number in the plow book center of tractor to the center of your right wheel. Have 3 old plows out in the weeds.  Haven't hooked onto one in years.  They aren't worth much  any more. 
My name's Jim, I like wood.

ely

well, here is the bad news update.
my beast is in the shop as we speak.
seems like it started making oil all of a sudden like.
book calls for almost 3 gallons of oil in the crankcase. i drained out over 5 when i noticed the radiator needed more water in it.
i tested the heat exchanger/oil cooler and it was ok.
so far the mech says the exhaust man. is about burnt up and the turbo is shot. he ask if i wated to go further.

told him i had to, i was in too deep to quit now.
the search is on for parts now.

olyman

dang--hate to hear that --as some of that stuff happens when you get a used piece of equipment--

ely

i sometimes wonder if a guy would be better off just spending 60k and go with new equip. :'(

Dave Shepard

Let me know what model turbo you need, I have a rebuilt complete turbo for an AC engine, I think it's probably very similar to the one you've got.

Stan snider

You may have electrolysis in the sleeves.2900 A-C engines are known to do that as are any wet sleeve engine. Abiline Machine, as well as others will have the parts you need. Good luck, Stan

ely

i replied to you dave, thanks for the info stan, we were thinking along those same lines. tell me, if it is electrolisis how bad will it leak?
i ask because when i drained the oil from the crankcase it had a couple gallons water from the radiator in it too. in order to get it to the shop, i poured oil back into the crankcase. and filled the radiator with water. drove the tractor on the trailer and then unloaded at the shop.
the mechcanic pulled it in the shop after he ran it up to operateing temp. it still never showed any water in the crankcase.

would it be possible to only leak water when it was being worked hard.? i tend to think if it leaks it leaks all the time.

olyman

ely--if the leak is that slow--the rings at the bottom of the sleeves may be getting bad--throw a can of bars leak in it--it may stop completely

Dave Shepard

Here are a few shots of the turbo I have. The tag on the compressor side says it is an Air ResearchTO4B90  There is another tag that says "Factory overhauled tubocharger" P/N 408105-9150 It has an exhaust manifold gasket, as well as an oil return gasket. I don't know if it will work, I was told it was for a larger motor, possibly a 361 cubic inch, whereas I'm told the XT190 is 301?

ely

hello, thanks guys for all the shuffleing to get my info passed around. dave i am out of town at the moment but i am trying to get the numbers off my turbo now. thanks again it feels good to be back online. this is the only website that lets me online. i still can not get to any of my email accounts.

ely

well guys it has been a few weeks in the shop but i now have an almost new 1969 ac xt 190 tractor. it sure sounds good while running. i should be back to dragging a disc pretty soon.

ely

yes sir that tractor runs like a champ, even if i have too much invested. i try to  tell people i have invested much more in a couple women and i atleast get to use the tractor when i need it. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!