iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Nice load of logs

Started by Ianab, October 30, 2008, 02:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

Bit of a hold up on the road tonight coming home.

These guys normally haul pine logs, so this load of Cypress must have been a bit heavier than normal, he was down to about 60kph on a gentle uphill.

Wish he was going to drop them at my place  ;)

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

mike_van

OMG he's on the wrong side of the road! - Oh, all of you are...... He's got some weight on there for sure. Ian, whats diesel fuel cost there?
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Dodgy Loner

Your cypress ain't the same as our cypress, which would be lighter than pine.  What species is it, specifically?
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Ianab

Quote from: mike_van on October 30, 2008, 06:15:52 AM
OMG he's on the wrong side of the road! - Oh, all of you are...... He's got some weight on there for sure. Ian, whats diesel fuel cost there?

Diesel is about NZ$1:70 litre here. Pretty pricy and thats hurting the truckers. Other side of the world - other side of the road, makes sense  ;) :D

QuoteYour cypress ain't the same as our cypress, which would be lighter than pine.  What species is it, specifically?

The wood is Monterey cypress (Cupresses macrocarpa) while the local pine is plantation radiata. The pine never gets old enough to even form heartwood.  I think Cypress is quite a bit denser, especially when green.

Normally logging trucks dont hold up traffic except on steep hills, so this guy was hauling a decent load. I saw him hauling up this hill even slower another day, he was fully loaded with ONE log  :o . Didn't have my camera that do though.  ::)

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Thank You Sponsors!