iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Happy Birthday Bibbyman

Started by Tom, July 04, 2003, 01:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I guess your birth gave "Independence" a whole new meaning to both you and your mother. :D

WV_hillbilly

Happy Birthday Bibby , and may you enjoy many more. 8)
Hillbilly

Bro. Noble

Happy birthday Bibb,

Why not just kick back and let Mary do all your work today?

Oops-----that's what you do every day :D :D :D

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Bibbyman

Thanks guys. ;)

I let Mary do the sawing today.  We sawed out about 700 bf of 4/4 walnut from 7:30 to 10:00 and then cooled down for an early dinner with my folks (they've got to eat at 11:00 so they can eat supper at 4:00.)  Got back and sawed another 700 bf from 12:30 to 2:15 then knocked off for today.  Got a good bit of cheery to saw and a couple hundred feet of red oak to complete this order.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

sawwood

Happy birthday Bibbyman. Sounds like you made the one
 specal day the way you like.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

dail_h

World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Norm

Happy B'day Bibby, so......  a red white and blue baby 8)

Bibbyman

I'm in pretty good shape for being 154 years old.

For those who have nothing better to do,  here is a link to the story about my birthday – July 4,  1850.  

Born on the 4'th of July - 1850
Sawing since '94

Furby

GREAT story Bibby! I wish I had a story as good as that one for my Bday. :'(

Happy Birthday!

Wade

Happy Birthday Bibby!
 Great story! Sounds like some of the stories my Aunts
would tell me about themselves and my father (he died when I was 8). They were born and raised in Bernie MO back in the 30's. About 50 miles west of Cape Girardeau.
 Twenty dollars. Wow! Each one of my three kids were $13'000 each! C-sections that I'm not totally sure were necessary. Oh well, did'nt have my medical degree then so I
just had to trust them. Thank God for insurance! Have a great B-day 8). Wade
If it's worth cutting down a tree for, it's worth doing right

Wade

OOPS! That first cool icon was supposed to be an 8! Don't know how that happened :-[. Wade
If it's worth cutting down a tree for, it's worth doing right

Bibbyman

Yea, don't get me started on health care costs.  Our fist kid in 1970 cost $750 – doctor and hospital – they had a package deal.  Next one two years later cost $1500.   If I'd known how they'd turned out I would have not paid and let them repossess!

A couple of years ago we were herded into the big meeting room at the factory were I work and was 'splained to about our new insurance options.  Had about 10 plans to pick from – HMO's, PMO,  RMO's,  DDO's, and I don't know the rest.  Each plan had a representative there to talk to us and answer our questions – plus our local insurance coordinator.  They filled the width of the room in front of us.

All the time they were talking, this bell kept ringing in my head,  – "No wonder medical help costs so much – we've got all these people involved that don't do noting for you except push paper."  

I remember going to ol' Doc Paine's modest little house in a little crossroad burg.  We'd knock on the door and he'd meet us at a side door that was his examination room.  After he looked you over,  he go back into a little back room that was no bigger than a walk in closet and get some pills out of a big brown glass jar and put them in a small envelope and tell you how to take them.   Usually the charge was $3.00 for the visit and medication.
Sawing since '94

Frank_Pender

Gollly geee whole bunches of birthdays this week.  It must have been a bunch of cold Winters across America back in the forties and early fifties. 8)

Glad you had a great day, Bibb, helping Mary and all, saw lumber. ;D  
Frank Pender

ElectricAl

Happy Birthday B,

ElectricAl and Linda

Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

biziedizie

Happy B-day Bibbster man!

Steve

Tillaway

Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

CHARLIE

Happy Birthday Bibbyman even if I am a few minutes late. July is the best month to be born in. All the people that ever amounted to anything that was worthwhile were born in July! ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

OneWithWood

Happy Birthday Bibbyman!  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
May you have many more.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Noble_Ma

Happy Birthday Bib.  Hopefully just one of many more.

shopteacher

I guess I'm kinda at the tailend on this, but my grandfather said that was always the best part.
Happy Birthday, Bibbyman.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Neil_B

Happy Belated B Day Bibby.

I'm with Charlie, the best were born in July. ;)
Timberwolf / TimberPro sawmill, Woodmizer edger, both with Kubota diesels. '92 Massey Ferguson 50H backhoe, '92 Ford F450 with 14' dump/ flatbed and of course an '88 GMC 3500 pickup.

Bro. Noble

Hey Charlie,

I think everyone knows that the best of the crop are born in July,  but isn't there a certain day in July that the very special----the cream-of-the-crop were born? 8)

milking and logging and sawing and milking

Bibbyman

People who have birthdays on holidays have some special problems.  For a good while,  I thought all the fireworks and family get together was for my birthday.  ;D

About half the kids in the little one room grade school I went to were from the same family.  Two sisters, one older then me and one younger,  were both born on Christmas day.  Figure the chances for that.

Years ago ( before Wood-Mizer ) - Mary worked in a large local insurance firm.  One July third,  we and a two other couples from her office met after work at a restaurant to have supper.  We'd got seated when a lady from my office came in with her fiancé.   She asked if we were out to celebrate the 4'th early and I said no,  it was to celebrate my birthday early.  One of the other guys from Mary's office spoke up and said his birthday was also July 4.  Then the fiancé of the lady from my office proclaimed July 4 as his birthday.  The coincidence was too great so we each pulled our driver's license to prove our claim.
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!