iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Splash Blending Ethanol

Started by Kansas, October 26, 2008, 12:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kansas

Haven't seen anything posted on here about this topic, if it has been discussed I apologize

http://www.kansascity.com/637/story/858660.html

What worries me is two things. The first is that the guy I buy my chainsaws from tells me that an ethanol blend will tear up small engines. Hate the thought of a station adding ethanol to what is supposed to be regular gasoline to make a few bucks.The second is that its easy to run customers off-if they think they are getting ripped off, it will devestate ethanol sales.  I only have 33 acres of farmground, but I know that ethanol has greatly appreciated the value of the crops off those acres. Its so hard to get customers, and so easy to lose them-and nearly impossible to get them back.

GF

Alot of the gas stations here that were selling E10 have went back to 100% gas, people simply would not buy the E10 blend they were losing a bunch of business.  State law in Oklahoma requires them to label the pump as continaing ethanol if it does, alot of stations no label 100% gas.   

TexasTimbers

We only have one station locally that is selling ethanol-less fuels that I know of. I haven't really made a foray around to every station to check but off the top of my head I can only think of one.

They are about 5¢ higher, but for 18 gallons that's less than a buck a tank. And for my 6 gallon 2 cycle mix that's only 0.30¢ higher. I can live with that.

The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

SPIKER

I used to buy the eth blend (10% blend not the e85) and used it in cars and trucks and mowers ect.   now after a few years later the hoses all needed replaced on the mowers and small equipment the gas caps have swelled (with the blend but not with the std gas.)   One car older one had to replace the lines & rebuild carb and replace 2 fuel pumps due to rubber falling apart (I learned my lesson a little too late)  While ethanol is OK if the car/truck was designed to run on it if it doesn't state that is does stay away is my short answer.   

sorry about you're subsidies but I as an end user have learned that corn works great to fuel the cows pigs and even corn burners  it doesn't work so well in cars & trucks lets alone small engines.   Switch grass & sugar cane/ & sugar beets is a better source for bio-mass fuel production.

On other news even better way is to turn our solid fuels (coal bio-mass) and nat gas into liquid fuels using old tech with new modern controls see info here ( http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/081030/20081030006088.html?.v=2 )
which is a process to create liquid diesel & "ave gas" from the solid materials that contain carbon.

Mark M
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

zopi

I like ethanol blend.....ed with lemonade.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Thank You Sponsors!