iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Patriot

Started by Bro. Noble, July 04, 2003, 11:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bro. Noble

My mind got to wanderin this morning while I was working in the hay.  

Got to thinking how nice it was to live in a beautiful country and to be able to enjoy the many freedoms that we have.

I was reminded of the movie  'The Patriot'  and got to thinking of the character who would rather be making chairs than fighting but eventually had to do what had to be done.

Then thought about a couple of fellows that I am thankful to have known  and thankful that there were somany like them to maintain our freedom.

Henderson Boatright lives near me.  He's a small, quiet man that you really take too much notice of.  Always has a good word and smile.  I was really surprised a year or so ago when  Henderson was all over the newspapers and TV.  One of his nephews was attending one of the military academies and somehow got access to his uncle Henderson's WWII record.  Seems like he was a Sarg. York and Audie Murphey type of soldier.  He was supposed to have recieved all kinds of medals and recognition that were somehow overlooked.

They had a well covered ceremony at Ft. Wood where he was decorated after so many years.

Another fellow was named Tan Canada.  He delivered our bulk fuel for several years.  Like Henderson,  the most notable thing about Tan was that he was a small,  quiet and friendly sort of guy.  He died a couple of years ago and I was surprised to learn from his obit that he was a military man.  He arrived in France on 'D Day' in a glider.

Thanks to all those meek little guys that did what had to be done so we can continue to celebrate our independence.

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Furby

I'll second that! Thanks to all of you!

Tom

It's the acknowledgement and recognition of the meek heroes of this country that help make it so great.  I've seen email naming heroes that you wouldn't suspect like. "Mr. Rogers"and "Capt.Kangeroo" of children's show fame. Musicians, Movie stars and next door neighbors may all belong to that crowd and you'll never know it unless someone "tells on them".

My Uncle Charles was one.  He was being decorated for his WWII and Korean conflict exploits well into the 60's.  Others had to acknowledge him because he didn't talk about it.

Here is a picture of him on the day he received one of his medals.  We boys, his nephews, were invited and got our picture taken with him.  It didn't mean much to me then, just something I had to go to, but now I realize what he did and I'm proud to have a picture of me standing beside him.

Independence is something that we must defend every day. It is what makes us free.  It has opponents abroad and at home.  

We should never miss the chance to speak for our Freedoms.

Norm

We got to see our son for the first time in 6 months for two days this week before he was transfered to Germany. He will be stationed there for 3 years. It's tough knowing we won't see him for quite a while but I couldn't be prouder of him.

It made me reflect on the brave soldiers that are in harms way today and yesterday to protect our freedoms. I guess a simple thank you may seem inadequate but it comes from the bottom of my heart.

Thank you.

Norm & Patty

Saki

It is said that evil will triumph when good men ( or women ) do nothing. It is certainly a privelige to live in a country so full of folks who have answered and continue to answer the call to defend all of our freedoms. Thanks to one and all. Saki

Thank You Sponsors!