iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

And you thought times were tough

Started by woodmills1, October 22, 2008, 05:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

Check this out.  This person answered my craigs list add for slab firewood and put 4 of these loads on his honda

notice the back seat (removed) is full also
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Hi-Country Orange

does this fall under the sport's or utility category
   of s.u.v. :D

woodmills1

I think it is WMF................warm my family :)
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

thecfarm

That is some dumb.I would do that in probably 10 or 15 years when it's all banged up and don't look like new.The way he's going it will only be a few years for it to look all banged up.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Don_Papenburg

Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

cheyenne

But he saved $125.00 on fuel oil while doing a $2,500.00 upgrade to the upolestry of a $30,000.00 Truck. I'll Bet he's an investment banker....Cheyenne
Home of the white buffalo

zopi

I always thought long division was tougher than times.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Tom

I like to see a fellow put a truck to work and buy one to wear out instead of buying one to trade.

woodmills1

did forget to ask him how long his drive was :D

hmh   the new suv     buy it get free oil for heatin
hmh=heatmyhouse :o

WDH

I agree with Tom.  Good to see it put to use besides hauling around someone's backside.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

DanG

Thats the first time I've seen one of those convertible "trucks" with anything in it.  The hind end seems to be holding that load better than I would have expected.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Warbird

Agreed, DanG.  I thought those things were all for looks.  He needs to haul a few dozen more loads in it and give it its first dent.  Tho even then, it would still look sorta ridiculous.

Kudos to the guy for actually using it.

Bibbyman

We had a contractor come out yesterday with one of those "watchamacallit" things in a Chevy brand.  He was there to pick up 4 10' full 2x8s to repair an equipment trailer deck. 

We all kind of stood and laughed at it.  And he admitted it was a joke of a truck.  But he bought it off the back side of the local Ford lot at wholesale because it was a bank repo and the Ford dealer didn't want it on the lot. 

Says he drives it during the week checking on his job sites and such and his wife uses it to haul the grandkids and bikes and stuff the rest of the time.   He said he was afraid to fold down the back window and such because he figured it'd never seal again.

I had a boss one time that had a late 70's Pontiac Bonneville with a lot of miles.  He took out the back seat and used it to haul fire wood in the back and trunk. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

SwampDonkey

I've done about the same thing with my RAV4. Put the seats down and I loaded up 9 foot hardwood planks and 4 x 4' (halved) plywood sheets in there. I told the guy at the yard I was glad I bought what I did. I said a Chev would never let you do that and leave with the doors closed. He and I both laughed. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

metalspinner

Last week in Costa Rica we saw a horse in the back of a 1980 something Nissan pickup truck.  :o  He looked no worse for the wear. :D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Clark

Quote from: Tom on October 22, 2008, 10:05:24 PM
I like to see a fellow put a truck to work and buy one to wear out instead of buying one to trade.

I fully agree; it's a truck, not a work of art, so use it like one! 

Clark
SAF Certified Forester

Gary_C

I had a next door neighbor that always had hard times. One year at the local county fair he drove up to pick up his three sheep that his kids showed in the fair with his old car. He just opened the trunk, lifted the sheep into the trunk, and closed the trunk and drove away.  :D

Sorry, no pictures, but that guy was for years my families entertainment. From pulling an old horse drawn mowing machine with his Ford Pinto stationwagon to trying to plow his garden with a IH Scout and a 2 bottom plow, he was just a hoot. Oh and then there was the time he came home dragging a 30 foot blue spruce tree on the root ball right down the highway. He spent two days digging a hole, planting that tree, and tying it up with guy ropes. That tree turned every shade of brown there is before it finally was pronounced dead about a year and a half later. I think the cause of death was having half of it's root ball worn off on the pavement.     :D :D :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Warbird

Hah!  Gary, you outta post that in the "You might be a redneck if..." thread.  :D

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Gary_C on October 23, 2008, 01:48:37 PM
I had a next door neighbor that always had hard times. One year at the local county fair he drove up to pick up his three sheep that his kids showed in the fair with his old car. He just opened the trunk, lifted the sheep into the trunk, and closed the trunk and drove away.  :D

Heck that ain't nothing new. Dad used to go pick up some piglets , stuff'm in a sack and toss'm in the trunk of the old Pontiac.  :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

My grandfather did the plow thing with an old Jeep. Hooked it up to a horse drawn plow and my uncle used to have to ride on the plow seat to trip something. The something handle was about half broke I guess and came down and smashed his genitals one trip. That was the end of plowing.  ::)

SwampDonkey

Grandfather used to work on some farms over in Maine. One fellow had all worn out, hay wired up, machinery. By the time grandfather was done working on that farm the stuff was beyond repair he said with all the ledge piles in the fields he had to work around and go over the top of.  ;D

SPIKER

Ya never know, what is going on in some people minds.   I wonder if he barrowed it from his brother-n-law :D   I could imagine that going on eheheh.   I was at a Lows/HD place once, and was walking in, there was a guy who had probably 10 sheets of plywood, some 2x4s ect all tied to the top of his volvo/sab thingy.  My woman was with me and we had just hopped out of my 150 truck. & had basically parked on the other side of them.   He was tyeing it all on with what looked like shoe string rope.   Yep tied through the car with the doors both open so him & his woman could get back in (we only had a short trip inside)  before we made it in (we were walking slow & chatting/giggling about the predicament)  I heard the two of them all in a ruckus & looked back to see they had finally tried to get in & close the door.   lol  ya it didn't close.

so In we went,
Now we picked up what we were after & headed out.   
here they were with the doors closed ropes through the window openings all tied up & he was helping her crawl through the window frame...   Needless to say we had one stop to get some gas b4 heading back out to the farm.   they left & made it around the first corner (well almost all way around the corner before the stuff all went sliding down over the hood and onto the ground :D )    (now mind ya they had tied that rope from front to back too but must not have accounted for the slope of the roof and the fact that there is a good dip at the light exiting the lumber store!!!!   I didn't see it slide off but heard the horns blow from the gas station & managed to watch em as they started to crawl out of the doors to try & get it all picked up.   A kind person stopped to help them by time I had gotten out of the station getting fuel & gas all paid for...   

& just last week I saw a good one, on way from funeral home to nat cemetery for my Uncle's funeral.   We were all in the funeral persession and headed up hill where there looked to be a few sawmill/firewood processing places.   (note this the first rural area outside akron/cleveland area.)  Here was a guy with beat up old chevy pickup, and a NICE CHERRY log that was a good 12' that he had (HAD) in the back of the truck with the tail gate down.   when he headed up this hill the log had slid off/out the back half way.  I drug the blacktop for a good 50+ feet before he got pulled over. the bed floor & tailgate had bent down a good 8' in the center...   Log was 1/3 still in the bed of the truck & it's front wheels were almost up in the air... ::) :D   I don't think he was going to get it back into the truck EVER...   but I didn't go back that way so I don't know for sure...

Mark M
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

rebocardo

My only problem with the Honda would be any stop or bad bump would be enough to crush him or take his head off.

> The hind end seems to be holding that load better than I would have expected.

Yea, I helped a customer that was moving load a U-Haul dual axle and it moved his bumper down a lot less then expected, plus, we loaded his bed, back seat, and pass. seat. Thing had some weight in it and to pull.

woodmills1

I was surprised at what he got in there as he did take his time to stack.  I checked for bump stops on the suspension but din't find them

I figure he may be an IRS agent looking to see if I claimed his money..........Its all on the books

I have bought so much this year I need more income :D

did ya see my tractor upgrade post?

pigman

I know what you mean James. In some years I have to report more income than I really have just so I can have enough net income to pay taxes.  I sure hope the IRS doesn't read this and audit my taxes. I sure would hate to go to jail for paying too much taxes. :D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

SPIKER

Pigman:

don't worry about them sending ya to jail, it is hard for them to collect more taxes when they do that , instead they will simply fine you and charge you a bunch of interest on top of that in a way to make it even for you over paying in the first place! hehehe

I have same problem. I do all the taxes up and seems like I could claim more than I actually do and usually then end up simply taking the standard deduction as it is way more simple with less chance of them coming in and saying I paid too much...   I even used the adit defense people just in case lol...   

SPIKER
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Engineer

Quote from: Gary_C on October 23, 2008, 01:48:37 PM
trying to plow his garden with a IH Scout and a 2 bottom plow

For years, my dad plowed his garden with an old 2-bottom plow and a 1964 Jeep CJ5, and later a 1974 CJ5.  Right off the showroom floow in '74, he had it buried up to the hubs in the back yard turning over the soil.

He still has the Jeep, but doesn't plow with it anymore - it's a giant mouse condo.

As for the Honda Ridgeline - the guy who showed up here this weekend with three big walnut logs was towing a dual axle Cam Superline trailer with those logs, with a new Ridgeline.  Back end had almost no sag, and he had a LOT of get-up-n-go with that rig.  I wouldn't hesitate to load one as full as it would go.

Thank You Sponsors!