iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A big night for Tampa, Fla.

Started by ellmoe, October 20, 2008, 03:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellmoe

My son and I went to watch the Tampa Bay Bucs play football last night. They beat the Seahawks pretty soundly. Meanwhile, across the bay, the Tampa Rays were beating the Boston Red Sox in the final game of the American League series. The football stadium has large screen tv's in the skyboxes and the peons down in the cheap seats (Us  ;D  ) were sneaking peaks at the game with binoculars. Sometimes it was hard to tell which game people were cheering for. :)

Now Tampa will be hosting the World Series (baseball championship) and The Super Bowl (football) in the same year. I don't believe that has happened before. 8)

Go BUcs! Go Rays!

Mark

P.S. The Bucs had a retirement ceremony for Mike Alstott last night. He was the most exciting one yard rusher I have ever seen. They showed some of his highlight runs last night. Awesome!
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

DanG

Wow Mark!  You've almost got me wanting to go to ball games again! 

(Note: I said "almost."  I can't stand the crowds anymore.) ::) :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

scgargoyle

You forgot one- the USF Bulls beat up on Syracuse Saturday night. Gotta brag- my son goes there.
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

ellmoe

I was at the local Winn-Dixie when my sister called about the available tickets. It was two hours till kickoff and the stadium is over an hour away. However, the the ticket price was right (free) and Max is a diehard football and, most important a rabid BUCS fan.( Not bad for a Russian kid that didn't know what to do with an American football I had sent to him seven years ago. His friends and him just touched it and looked at it. I mean, they really had no clue! :D  ) Anyway, when Sis called I was talking to a local boy/man that played football with my oldest son. He went on to star at USF and had signed with the Houston Texans this summer. They let him go at the last cut. He was telling me that Tampa had called a couple of weeks ago and he was on their practice squad for a week. He said it was "an easy paycheck", but they released him.
    Ben was one of five players from our local school to play at USF over the past several years. Jim Levitt (the coach) is a fine man and has built a remarkable program there. Max will graduate from the community college this year and I expect he'll be a USF also.
    Dang, I'm not much of a crowd person either, but Dad has Jaquars season tickets, so I usually make 5 or 6 games a year. I have to say the the "good ole boys" in Jax. are a little noiser than the more urban Tampa crowd.  ;D

Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Captain

OK, I'm an avid Red Sox fan and just have to say that I enjoyed it while it lasted tis year.  With all of the injuries, young roster replacements, and the trade of probably the biggest natural talent in baseball today to the Dodgers I can say the better team won.

The Red Sox lost, but at least it was not to the Yankees  :)

Congrats to the Rays.  Looks like the team to beat in the AL East for some time to come.

Captain

ellmoe

Yeah, Captain. The Rays are a young team with a strong farm system. I don't thank they are a one year wonder. However, those "Come Back" Red Sox sure gave them a scare!

Mark

Roxie

Hellooooooooo!  Philadelphia Philly's!   8)

Life hasn't been the same round our house since the play-offs started.  Cowboy Bob just loves his Philly's.  We've practically had to sedate him.   :D
Say when

ellmoe

Quote from: Roxie on October 21, 2008, 02:37:10 PM
Hellooooooooo!  Philadelphia Philly's!   8)

Life hasn't been the same round our house since the play-offs started.  Cowboy Bob just loves his Philly's.  We've practically had to sedate him.   :D

Who?           :D       

pigman

Our local team has been in every World Series since way back to the beginning. ;D Well not actually a team, but the Louisville Slugger bats have been in all the series.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Tom

Louisville Sluggers have always been great bats.  I wish Hanna was still in production.  They were in Athens Georgia, and a lot closer to go see.   Watching a baseball bat being made is a wonder to behold.  Some of them have magic inside.  :)

Thank You Sponsors!