iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

You had to be there!

Started by Robert Long, October 18, 2008, 11:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Long

I was custom cutting hardwood 6x6's for a concrete company at their family bush yesterday and as you may know if you are a woodmizer owner how a log that is not centered on the lift hooks will teeter to one side of the hooks and we all do this.....go to the other end of the log and put some weight (your body) to counterweight the log while it's being lifted onto the mill.....well, this is what happened with a large log. They (the cement workers) ran to the short end and applied weight to balance the load as I operated the control to the lift hooks, as I do this I can see one of the workers going up, up, up with his feet dangling in the air and the man yelling something in Italian (I thing he was saying "let me down" :D).  the other workers are now also yelling and laughing, I immediately let down the hook and ran to see what all the commotion was about to find the man had the hook of the lift pass through his pants belt and he was hooked :D :D to the lift and was taking a free ride on the lift :D :D :D   YOU HAD TO BE THERE

It was as funny a thing as can be and the rest of the day we all had a good laugh at what took place.  :D :D
Robert

DanG

:D :D :D  Now that's funny! 8) 8)   Where is the camera when you really need it?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Robert Long

Yeh DanG

A camera is a must when you custom cut for people ;D

Robert

Thank You Sponsors!