iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

"V" belt tension [circular]

Started by bandmiller2, October 18, 2008, 08:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

It requires alot of tension to tighten 6 "C" section V belts.I have never liked to put that force on the arbor.I took a pillow block bearing mounted it on the arbor outboard of the pulley with a threaded rod at its base,that in a pipe extending close to the engine pulley.Adjusting nut on the threaded rod allows easy adjustment of the belts and relieves alot on tension on the arbor.A outboard fixed bearing could also be used but without the adjustment advantage.Will also be making a safety bar on the sawyers end of the husk,between the sawyer and the blade its also handy to mount the remote throttle, clip board, and flack screen.I also like to mount a remote clutch release just in case.You old sawyers have and handy tips or advice ?? Thanks Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

woody1

I have about the same deal you have. I have a throttle shut off and clutch release on the offbearer side. On the sawyer side, I have a holder from my cant hook, wire brush and axe. I also have a box for a few wrenches to adjust the guides and splitter. I also keep a squirt bottle to oil the dog slides and some parafin for the bolsters. As far as belt adjustment, I have a come-a-long hooked to the motor and the frame, works great.
If you don't want to row, get out of the boat !

Woodchuck53

Morning Frank, things are sounding like they are coming together. CV
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

bandmiller2

I'am almost their Chuck,hooked up the engine ran the carrage to check the cable reeving.Yesterday built a deck on the sawyers side ,set posts for the log brow and mounted the log turners.Tractor pull today our last for the season [old coots tractor club],won't get anything done today. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!