iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood Mizer Band Blade Part Numbers

Started by DR Buck, October 16, 2008, 08:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR Buck

I understand how to decipher most of the Wood-Mizer blade part numbers, with the last digit being the blade angle. 

B3751589S is a box of standard .045 x 1 1/4" x 158"   9° blades.

Question is for part number B375158F,   (.045 x 1 1/4" x 158")   what is the blade angle?   I can't find anything that identifies this.  Are these 10° blades?
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Bibbyman

Here is a link to the Wood-Mizer web site what lists every blade part number and the description.  About every one lists the hook angle in the description except this one. 

I suspect it's an old part number before they added hook angles other than 10 degree.

http://www.woodmizerblades.com/bladeselector/index.aspx

Maybe Sparks can tell us.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

DR Buck

Quote from: Bibbyman on October 16, 2008, 09:42:43 PM
Here is a link to the Wood-Mizer web site what lists every blade part number and the description.  About every one lists the hook angle in the description except this one. 

I suspect it's an old part number before they added hook angles other than 10 degree.

http://www.woodmizerblades.com/bladeselector/index.aspx

Maybe Sparks can tell us.

Been there....done that.   Wood-Mizer web is the 1st place I looked.    And, it's a new (last 2 months) box of blades.

Bibbyman

Well, yea....  But what I'm thinking is that the part number goes back 20-25 years ago - before other hook angles were introduced.

Other than that,  I don't know.  smiley_headscratch
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

MartyParsons

B375158F is 9 degree .045 1 1/4 width.
The F desiginates frozen wood.
This is a 10 count box. Or 10 blades in this part # box. It is the same part # as B37515810S which has 15 blades in the box.
Even though we call the 9 degree blade a frozen wood blade, customers use it for denser cutting or knotty wood.
There is also a B375158 part # that would be a 10 count box with 10 degree .045 1 1/4

These are the most common blades that customers prefer and they were the only blades WM had to offer at one time. Now WM has many different sizes to help the customer. Whether he has a 7 hp or a 62 hp and WM has a blade for just about any band mill manufactured.
Marty
For inventory space and the low demand of this part # PA Wood-Mizer does not stock this. If someone comes in and wants a 10 count box we remove 5 blades.
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

DR Buck

Thanks Marty,
\
Makes perfect sense to me.  ;)      The Resharp / Blades guys should add this little bit of information to their blade information booklet.   It's no where to be found.  ::)

sparks

This may explain it better.   Thanks
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

OneWithWood

Is any of this info incorporated in the individual blade serial numbers?
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

DR Buck

Thanks Sparks.

The note added to the bottom of the document you posted is the missing piece of information.

MartyParsons

The first letter is either U  = Unit or B = Box
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

backwoods sawyer

Quote from: MartyParsons on October 17, 2008, 08:26:13 PM
The first letter is either U  = Unit or B = Box
Yep that is what it says in the chart that Parks posted
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Thank You Sponsors!