iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

OK here it is

Started by woodmills1, October 14, 2008, 05:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

Picture of new tractor  2007 Kioti DK40 with forestry package from payeur.com 300 hrs

I tore the clutch hub away from the friction material in my LK3054.  No one around here would touch the fix for less than $3500 and I don't have the time or desire to split it.  Local tractor joints kinda laughed and offered me 2 to 4 grand for a trade, so I called Payeur in Sherbrooke who assembled the forestry package in the first place.  They made a deal I couldn't resist and I get an upgrade maybe this week
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

isawlogs

8)  Ya know you are only an hour or so away from my house here .. Are you going to pick it up or is it being delivered  ???

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

woodmills1

sorry they are going to deliver so they can pick up the trade in.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Tim L

very nice ! I'm jealous !
Do the best you can and don't look back

isawlogs

Those are nice , I was looking them over while there with Sprucebunny ....  8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

thecfarm

How many hp is that?Does the DK 40 mean 40hp?Do you have a forestry trailer to haul behind that?Seems like you did.Looks good.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Maineloggerkid

Well, way to make me jealous first thing in the morning. :'(
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

woodmills1

yes I have a metavic trailer and it is big enough for the new tractor,  Also yes, DK 40 means 40 horse.  I found out today the Payeur has done an interesting thing.  The tractor has a hydraulic pump and a power steering pump.  The forester version by Payeur has a switch at the rear of the tractor that links the flow from the 2 pumps when using the trailer.  I was told it has more flow at idle than my LK3054 has at 2000 rpm

woodmills1

OK IT IS HERE

and it's a lot of woods ready tractor

ScottAR

Good looking rig...

Think you'll miss the front loader? 

The basket on the left side is a thoughtful feature. 
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

woodmills1

basket is great addition

here is my plan as I need loader

use this forestry package to make enough to buy bobcat next spring

isawlogs

, Good lookin machine , good plan to go with it too  :) 8)

Marcel

woodmills1

I used the tractor with the trailer a little bit yesterdy, just goin around the yard picking up leftovers and cut offs.  Unlike the 3054 I don't have to rev up to 2000+ rpm to do work, I can use the actual gas pedal while moving around.  The hydraulic arrangement by Payeur is sensational.  Put on parking brake, leave engine at idle, exit machine,  flip switch at rear of tractor and flow comes from hyd pump and power steering pump and engine speed goes up to 1400 RPM.  The loader moves about twice as fast as with the 3054, has more lift and the grapple has way more closing force.

cant wait to do some woods work, but have planing and sawmill orders to fill first.

John_Haylow

Nice looking machine. It should serve you well.
Enjoy,
John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

Thank You Sponsors!