iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lookin for puddin and findin fungi

Started by Jeff, October 09, 2008, 04:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Last time out looking for pudding stones I noticed all the fall mushrooms and fungus about foot.  Lovely things they are.  :) I know what a couple of them are. Do you?

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

LeeB

I think the first one is aminita muscaria. Don't know the rest.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Tom

If that second one was down here, I'd call it a Death Head

isawlogs

I think the first and second are prety close to being magic  the last one I know is good and paletable . In French the are called *coprin *  :P
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

All I see are sarsaparilla, a red maple seedling, bunch berry, wavy dicranum moss and a limbed spruce log.  What are you guys looking at? Oh, those "mush meadows"? ;D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SPIKER

i'm up with isawlogs on this ones.  I think that one is what we call a "turkyfeather" or something like that maw used to call it near bottom.   I gots lots of them ones like the top2 that make ya wonder where ya been the last 3 or 4 days  :-X ;D  not that I ever tried any out, but got a pretty dang good ID book my maw bought back in 80's field hunters guide to "I.D.ing" mushrooms or something like that it is full sized with ~400 full color pics and 2500 or so pics drawings and such it is ~2" thick really nice book,  she gave it to me about 4 or 5 months back since see is in a home she can't go looking like she used to at 88 yrs young now.

mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

OneWithWood

The fifth one is commonly called Turkey Tail.  It is also referred to as brown rot.  I forgot the scientific name already.  It was mentioned on a Cornel webinar just Wednesday.

Wait....I could be confused again...brown rot may be call Chicken of the Woods and is actuall yellow in color...come to think of it Turkey Tail may not be a rot at all....what was the question?? ???
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

I'll go with Jeff on that one. Turkey tail is close, but doesn't grow in a spiral, grows more shelf like.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!