iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Watch 60 minutes . . . .

Started by TexasTimbers, October 05, 2008, 07:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasTimbers

If you see this in time. It's coming on right now. I never watch it anymore but it has 3 good stories tomight.

The credit crisis, the Tesla electric car, and I think they said the Navy Seal story?

The credit crisis story ought to be worth a look. the trailer showed their 'expert" saying it is not over, that it is going to be a 50 to 100 year event.  :-\
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

SwampDonkey

I usually watch it in fall and winter, but i got too tied up in here.  :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

TexasTimbers

The interview with GM Vice Chairman Bob Lutz gave me cause to think GM has a slim chance of surviving after all. Slim, but a chance.

Andy Rooney was in top form as usual. I quit watching when they became so obviously liberal-leaning over the years but this show was without bias I thought. Maybe their dramatic decline in the ratings brought them back to the alter of pseudo neutrality.

SwampDonkey

I must admit when I look at the news I don't look at it as liberal vs conservative. I make my own choice if I want to go along with it.  ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Banjo picker

What I got out of it is that this country is addicted to drugs....first comerical break 3 drug com..flomax advair and alive...second com break bayer and ostoy byplex ( what ever that is) and then last lipitor  kind of like a count down 3   2    1   take something.....Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

TexasTimbers

SD I am sensitive to bias either way. I have a hard time ignoring it if it is being blatantly thrown at me. I just quit watching it.

If we had not watched the Cowboy game tonight I wouldn't have seen the trailer for it.

The important thing to remember is that, the Cowboys won. :D

Dan_Shade

I haven't watched that hatchet job tv "news" show for years, don't plan on starting either.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

tyb525

Even at a young age, I have always been able to tell that they are biased a lot of the time.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

bck

Quote from: TexasTimbers on October 05, 2008, 08:55:45 PM

8)  8)  8)

Tom

Yeah, and I especially enjoyed that "Look-what-I-found" touchdown pass. :D

TexasTimbers

That was one for the blooper reel. ;D

Dale Hatfield

Age based marketing  for  the adds which are based on drug sales. The 20 something crowd isnt watching .
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

Warbird

Quote from: Tom on October 06, 2008, 10:45:41 AM
Yeah, and I especially enjoyed that "Look-what-I-found" touchdown pass. :D

Heh.  I got a chuckle outta that one, too.  I tell you, the 'boys tried to give that game away for a long time.  Glad they managed to salvage it.

OneWithWood

Wow!  I hope you all got to watch the last 10 minutes of the Colts - Texas game.

Go, Colts  8) 8) 8)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

TexasTimbers

Man that was a heart-breaker. The Texans themselves out-played the colts. Wouldn't you hate to be that quarterback!  :o

My wife said "The colts didn't deserve that game!" I pointed out that they most certainly deserved the game for two reasons.

1) The Texans had to pay the price for their quarterback because it's a team effort no matter what.

2) The Colts JUMPED ALL OVER those lucky breaks and took full advantage of them. It's not easy to score that many points in so short a time in the NFL.

The Texans outplayed them you could argue, but the Colts outscored them and played perfectly when the game was up for grabs. Which one is better?   ;D

Tom

QuoteWow!  I hope you all got to watch the last 10 minutes of the Colts - Texas game.

Nope, but watched the Jaguars/Steelers game in its entirety.  The Jags came in Second, but the Steelers came in next to last. 

I couldn't help but wince every time Ben Roethlisberger threw the ball.

I sure hope all those out-of-town sports fans bought something while they were in Jacksonville. Our tax base puts a lot of money into that team and stadium. It'd be nice if we recognized some of it coming back home.  I've even considered standing on the corner with my hat out to get a little bit of it.  :D

To quote some of my friends from other counties. "Tom, we sure do appreciate your supporting NFL football in Duval County for us.  That new stadium is nice."    ::) >:( ::) :D

Anybody that missed that game, missed a good one.  I couldn't believe some of Roethlisberger's passes.  It was one of the hardest hitting games I've watched in a long time.  I found myself pulling for both sides.  :-\

SwampDonkey

Holly jump'n gee-hawsin-fephers, coffee table pounding, bald headed, gut busting, thigh slap'n......

Wait a minute.

What am I celebrating?  Is it hockey season yet? ;D

TexasTimbers

Tom is pullin our legs Donk. He was watchin the International Dwile Flonking competition. He's been a closet Dwile Flonking fan for years. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od_T_UTtMsY

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

breederman

Together we got this !

SwampDonkey

Did they tie a knot in the end? Makes for a good whipping.  :D :D :D

breederman

It looked like a dish rag, no knot.
Together we got this !

SwampDonkey

Ah, wet dish towels at the sink after dish washing was over. Well, I had a room mate in college that needed to be kept in line when duties where neglected.  :D :D :D

Raider Bill

Seems  a waste of good beer :o

Looks like Germany?

Fraxinus

Quote from: TexasTimbers on October 05, 2008, 08:55:45 PM

How did they do against my 'Skins last week?  Dang game wasn't carried here.
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

breederman

RB ,  It originated in Suffolk and Sussex England a long time ago
Together we got this !

Raider Bill

Never heard of it before. Seems like they are having a good time.

Tom

The article I read said it was of "dubious antiquity".  Then it went on to say that the first recorded game was back in 1966.

Shucks!  That's way back before the turn of the century!! :D

TexasTimbers

Fraxinus

Quote from: TexasTimbers on October 07, 2008, 10:30:11 AM
Frax,

The boys got skinned. ::)

Yeah, I knowed that. :) :)  I was just funnin ya.  I'd hate to have to predict the outcome of any 'Skins/'Boys game.  Makes no difference what each team's record is, either.
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

Thank You Sponsors!