iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Transformer Trucks out there?

Started by Ironwood, October 02, 2008, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironwood

Here are some pics of my "transformer", my buddy has F-450 a "hook" truck that also has some cool beds that slide on. The base unit for this is a Army 5 ton bed, all the attachments bolt down on a standard bolt pattern.

There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

tyb525

Looks handy, so if I understand right each on of those is a different bed?
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Ironwood

The pics are a standard Army 5 ton bed (shortened a bit), and bolted down to a standard pattern right on the frame rails.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

ely

that looks like a cool set up. very useful. have you ever been near the equip. i am wondering how stable that bucket truck attachment is without outriggers. or am i just missing them.?

Ironwood

OHHHHHHA YES, there are out riggers, I don't have them extended in the picture. That kinda hieght (relying on equipment) makes me WAYYYY nervous. I could be 10,000' up on a rope tied to a cliff or mountain, no problem, but get me 30' in a bucket and I am a wreck. When I first tested it I was harnessed and tied to a walnut tree in my driveway, I am cool as a cucumber, take the rope away and I am ready to wet myself. Just try'in to avoid natural selection
;D

Ironwood

sgtmaconga

i'm kicking around the idea of using a rollback to transport logs and such. anyone done this and what were the drawbacks
Measure twice cut once

Ironwood

This truck originally had a 15' aluminum roll back on it. It was John Deere delivery truck.  For me, cranes, arches and the like make the most sense.

Ironwood

sgtmaconga

Quote from: Ironwood on October 04, 2008, 08:06:46 PM
This truck originally had a 15' aluminum roll back on it. It was John Deere delivery truck.  For me, cranes, arches and the like make the most sense.

Ironwood

what i was thinking was a skid type log rack that the winch would run thru to a boom to drag the logs into the rack then load the entire rack on the rollback.
Measure twice cut once

Ironwood

Yeah, I understand. For me, short of a small grapple on the end of my crane this makes the most sense. I am looking for a small used grapple right now (in time)

Ironwood

beenthere

Just in case, a grapple showed up on Craigslist....but was called a 'graffel' .  ::) ::)
Was mounted to a home-made log trailer.  Showed up on the Madison CL

http://madison.craigslist.org/grd/866190422.html
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!