iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Well, it shipped

Started by brdmkr, October 01, 2008, 12:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brdmkr

I received notification that my DH kilned shipped yesterday.  It is the Bailey's version of the Nyle.  I suppose I need to get a home ready for it.  I hear concrete is about to go up 26.00/yard here by middle of the month.   I suppose I need to get some forms prepared!
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Grawulf

Ahhhhh.......New toys!..........I love new toys........even if they involve lots of work  8)

thecfarm

Moving right up in the world now,ain't ya?Looking forward to some picture when it arrives and the building process of it too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

brdmkr

To be honest, I am a little worried about the whole thing.  It seems that when I have the least time availble, I tend to bring on the most extra things.  Still, I think a kiln will ultimately be a move in the right direction. 
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

WDH

I look forward to learning from you on this endeavor.  Air-drying wood is challenging, sometimes good and sometime not so good in my experience.  I have thought about milling lumber for sale, but without a kiln, I am not sure it is a viable objective.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

brdmkr

Rest assured, I'll post.  I just hope that I have made the right decision to buy a kiln.

WDH

Quote from: brdmkr on October 04, 2008, 04:32:58 PM
Rest assured, I'll post.  I just hope that I have made the right decision to buy a kiln.

Now you are committed :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Lil Badger Creek

Don't doubt your self!! I know you will great with it. Congratulations!!
Stephen

Grawulf

brd,
I kinda inherited my kiln from a friends' widow and I thought "what am I gonna do with this?" I gotta tell you that since the public around here has decided that they like nice white maple cabinets and trim, I can throw it in the kiln fresh off the saw and it stays nice and white with no threat of ppb's. That in itself is invaluable to me. You will like having a kiln - there are a lot of advantages to operating your own.     Devan

brdmkr

Well, it's here.  It is currently being stored in the warehouse where it was delivered.  I am hoping to get the pad formed up within the next week.  I'll post pics as things progress.

jdtuttle

Have you got it up & running. I'm thinking about adding one this year too.
Jim
Have a great day

TheWoodsman

I just bought the Woodmizer version of the Nyle with upgraded controls in December.  Had to spend some bucks in 08 to get the tax bill down.  I haven't built an enclosure yet because I have been busy with custom woodworking jobs and have been pulling Hurricane Ike logs in my free time.  The priority is to get a mill deal done so I can saw the logs and get them air drying.
2009 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28, WM-DH4000 dry kiln, & lots of other great "toys"

I am the Woodsman, the four-wheelin', tree-farmin', custom-furniture-makin' descendant of Olaf "The Woodcutter" Ingjaldsson.

Thank You Sponsors!