iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Current price of poplar

Started by flip, September 30, 2008, 07:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flip

I've got to bid a job this morning and don't have the HMR any more.

I'm in southern IN.  I need to supply about 1900bf of board and batton 10' X 8-12" random width.  My sawing charge is going to be .30 bf and I have to harvest the trees.  What is pop. going for right now????
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

WH_Conley

Takes a pretty good log to bring 30 cents at the mill here right now. Haven't sold any lumber, except to farmers. Not much help.
Bill

flip

I'm thinking .70/bf ready to hang with battens.  In the ball park???

WH_Conley

I have been getting .60. So we are fairly close. 1x8 with a 3 inch batten.

70 cents=97 cents per square foot.

Haven't checked the price of commercil siding lately, they can't touch the quality though.
Bill

Warren

I gave $0.40 / bf doyle for my last load of poplar 16 footers.  Typically charge $0.80 / bf for barn lumber. But, sawing part time,  I don't move as much volume as WH...
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

flip

I pulled the trigger on .72/bf and they said that was a "really good price" which = wow that was a whole lot lower than we thought it would be. ::)  I called the local circle mill and they gave me .60/bf for 2mbf.  Oh well, I am happy with what I'll be making plus I get to do the house too and my buddy John gets to do the install so it is a win-win for all.

Thank You Sponsors!