iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Covered Bridge Raising in Albany Georgia!

Started by Jayson, September 29, 2008, 07:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayson

Hello to everyone at the forum. I have not posted in quite a while. I just wanted to post the info I have about a covered bridge in Albany Georgia. A 103' clearspan Howe truss bridge will be set with cranes on Oct. 4th at the corner of 2nd and Hines. It is a pedestrian skywalk. If you would like to come and need info you can call me at 770 294 1703. The bridge is currently sitting on 2nd avenue.  Hope to see some folks from the forum. This will be a mega move for sure.

tyb525

There is an original covered bridge built in 1877, still good structurally, they restored it in 1999.
It was washed downstream in 1913, and pulled back up with horses. It wasn't damaged, except for the siding boards and the roof.

And welcome back.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Lanier_Lurker

Over what will it span?  I am from that area and interested.

Jayson

It will span 2nd avenue. It connects the parking deck to the hospital.(Phobe Putney) 
Where is that restored bridge located? In Albany?

tyb525

Oh sorry, forgot to put that in there. It is in Matthews, Indiana, in Grant County. It is a Howe truss also.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Thank You Sponsors!