iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Starting woes on MS290's &MS310's

Started by tonto, September 21, 2008, 09:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto

I have had a couple of strange things happen with my Stihls. If I put the saws in the back of my p/u, and drive a few miles and stop and try to start the saws up quick, they wont. They seem to flood out, change the plugs, still won't start. I let the saw sit for a hour and they start right up. This happened 3 times now with 2 different saws. Other than these problems, they run beautiful. Has anyone got any ideas.
Stihl MS441 & Husqvarna 562XP. CB5036 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2. Don't spend nearly enough time in the woods.

Rocky_J

Vapor lock. Try to keep them out of the direct sun so the fuel doesn't cook, and crack open the gas cap and then close it again before you try starting the saw. That will relieve the built up pressure.

tonto

Stihl MS441 & Husqvarna 562XP. CB5036 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2. Don't spend nearly enough time in the woods.

Meadows Miller

Gday

What Rocky said We get it alot downhere but Ive only  had it with the Stihls mainly or older I mean 2000HRS + Husky saws Ive had . It might just be that its a Stihl You might need to upgrade to a Husky Mate ;) :D :D ;D

Reguards Chris McMahon
4TH Generation Timbergetter

joe_indi

Suppose you fill a bottle with water,cap it with a stopper with a tiny hole and hold it upside down.
What happen? Nothing.No water comes out.
But suppose you shake the bottle while its upside down? You will get water falling out.

Well, that's exactly what is happening in the case of your saws.The fuel is getting forced into the carb barrel from the metering chamber due to the shakes (however gentle) while they are in your pickup.

Nothing else to do except move the switch to 'Start' (fast idle) when you start them up after the 'joyride'.

Hope you have held on to those old plugs. There was nothing wrong with them.

Joe

tonto

Thank You Sponsors!