iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Local walnut hauling

Started by Ironwood, September 18, 2008, 09:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironwood

Got a local walnut home the other day from up the street (1/2 mile). Short trip, so used the gator on the butt log (a little big for the girl, but it brought it home).

Ironwood

There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

beenthere

Nice looking log and rigs for hauling.   :) :)

Looks like could be some gun stock blanks in there.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ironwood

I don't do much gunstock stuff. I have a monster walnut stump up in the field, that was dug out of a local sewer project. I know there are a ton of rocks just waiting for me in that puppy.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

WDH

Are you going to sell the lumber, or keep it?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ironwood

I dunno yet. I do a bit of both usually. Ironwood

DR_Buck

Quote from: beenthere on September 18, 2008, 10:08:02 AM
Nice looking log and rigs for hauling.   :) :)

Looks like could be some gun stock blanks in there.

So ...... what nominal dimensions do you saw for gunstock blanks?   Rough sawn length, width, thickness?  ???  What are the finished blank sizes for the greatest demand?  ???
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Thank You Sponsors!