iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It's almost Moultrie time!

Started by DanG, September 16, 2008, 12:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

Yep, it's getting to be that time of year! 8) 8) 8)  The Sunbelt Ag Expo is the largest agricultural show in the Country, and it's coming up in less than a month.  Folks, this thing is HUGE, and is one of the things you must see before you leave this Earth.  There is something for everybody to enjoy, as long as they have an interest in any form of country living.  Y'all come on down! :) :) :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Lanier_Lurker

I used to go to this thing 20-25 years ago, and it was big then.  I can only imagine what it has become nowadays.

I would love to take my dad down there again.  He drove down from Leesburg last year or the year before (I forget which), but it was rough on him with all the walking.  Might need a golf cart or a Rascal to get around.   smiley_thumbsup

woodbowl

Show dates are Oct. 14, 15 & 16 in Moultrie Ga.  It should be another good show.  8)
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Corley5

When are you guys planning on being there  ???  Zach, Grams and I are heading for Fla the 11th so we'll be in the south during that time frame  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

DanG

Nobody has announced any specific plans, Greg.  If you're gonna be there, I'll make sure that I'm there at the same time.  I'm figgering to camp at least one night, so I'll be there for at least two days.  Two nights and three days is a distinct possibility. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

ADAMINMO

I should be there as well as Tom_in_Mo. We would like to meet up with some of yas after the show. We didn't know you guys were camped out and meetin after the show till the last day and we were breakin down. I  am sure one of you kind folks would give us a ride back to the motel after all is finished an everyone is tired. Hope to meet alot of yas there.

ADAMINMO

2.5 more weeks!!!!! sneakin right up on us.

Corley5

We'll go either Tues or Wed depending on when others are going to be there  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

DanG

Me and Woodbowl was talking, and kinda liked the way we did it last year.  Get there on Tues. afternoon, party and camp that night, then see the show on Wed.  We've both been so many times, we know how to skip over the repetitious parts.  I think a day and a half is about all my old carcass can stand, but I reserve the right to extend into Thursday if I want to. ;D

ADAMINMO, we'd love to have you join us around the cooler...er...campfire.  If Tom_in_Mo don't want to participate, we can either get you to the motel, or help you rake up a pile of pine straw to sleep on. ;D :D

Banjo picker

Dang    I found the Expo.... site....and took a look....The only way we could justify going that far would be if my mill were to be ready a week or so early....Its in south al...you know....that wouldn't be so far a stretch ...pick it up on the way back.....but I don't think it will be ready....Do yall have camper village or sleep in the pine straw as you alluded earlier? Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

woodbowl

Banjo picker, there are camping spaces if you have a camper. As for us we've found  a secret spot under some pine trees that is just a hop, skip and a jump from the showers. It's off to the side and away from the generator racket. We can build a fire or use a lantern depending on whether it turns off cool or not. If your lazy about pitching yer tent, just plop across the truck seat like DanG does. There are a few  other folks that have found this secret spot too. They usually break out the guitars and make music untill late thirty or so. It sounds like you pick a banjo. Why don't you zipp over, stay a spell and enjoy the show. You can pick your banjo, I'll leave mine in the case and fiddle instead. We have a pretty good time.  ;)
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

DanG

Well Tim(Banjo Picker, that is), you need to call Tim(Cook, that is), and tell him that you're picking up a sawmill on Oct. 16.  If'n he wants it to be his mill, he better have it ready!  There's gonna be Bakers and Woodmizers and Lucases and boatloads of other mills there, and all of them are for sale.  Put a little pressure on the ol' boy, and maybe he'll get off his butt and "gitter done!" ;D ;D :D

Banjo picker

#2 son & I would like to come to your expo....but I just can't see it being done.....by then....as far as jumpin ship to another mill....done sent the dep...so I really don't want them rushing it....I have worked in a weilding shop before...Guys don't do as good a job when rushed....I ordered 4 ft.extra deck ,,so I don't think Baker will be bringing one that large down there.....Baker was the other mill I considered....I customized a couple other things as well...The 14 of Oct will only be 3 weeks....Tom told me the Bakers were about 2 MONTHS or more out....I believe if I had been him I would have tried to sell me the mill they will evidently take to MOultrie....But I didn't know anything about your Expo at the time...I may call Tim Cook and at least ask about it anyway....Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

DanG

BP, I was just pulling Adam's leg about the pine straw, but if the weather should turn out like it has been here the last few days, it wouldn't be such a bad deal.  I was also pulling your leg about putting the squeeze on T. Cook, but like you say, it never hurts to ask.

Mostly, I just wanted to let you know that we'd just love to have you join us at Moultrie if you can work it out.  If you can't, we certainly understand that, too. ;)

Blake22

I would go but it's just so DANG far to drive. :D
Blake

DanG

Oh shut up, Blake!  You ain't even got to turn around when you back out of your driveway.  You can just back all the way to the Expo.  If you don't show up this time, we're all coming to your house for supper!

woodbowl

Blake22

Fresh backstrap, collard greens, swamp cabbage, cheese grits, rice n gravy, fried sweet potato, cornbread with cane syrup, 10 layer chocolate cake. BYOB and one for me too. If you stay til breakfast bring some eggs cause a Dang fox killed all my hens.
Blake

Tom

I'll see if my cousins can come and we'll stay awhile.  I'm sure someone around there has some chickens :D

DanG

OK folks, it is less than a week till the Moultrie show starts.  Sure would be nice to get a list of the Forumites that will be there, so we can swap some phone numbers.  It's real tough to find anyone without a cellphone.

ADAMINMO

I will be there!!  Just look for the big blue and yellow tent. I will be somewhere around it. I will drive down Monday.

DanG

Yeah, I think I'll be able to spot your spot, Adam. :D :D  Lookin' forward to seeing you and Tom and the guys. :) :)

Mooseherder

I guess this thing is never held on a long weekend hun? ::)
Sure would like to go....hmmmmm.... naw, forget that thought. :(

DanG

Nope.  It has always been held on Tues, Wed, and Thurs, except for once about 10 years ago.  On a trial basis, they held it on Thurs, Fri, and Sat, and they gave every patron a ballot to vote on the days.  They voted to move it back to mid-week.  Ya see, this is a business thing for farmers, not an entertainment thing.  There are no clowns or rides, just acres and acres of serious equipment and thousands of factory reps to talk to.  When they switched it to the weekend, the whole thing was clogged with soccer Moms and little kids climbing all over the tractors, so that the farmers couldn't even get a look at them.  I guess you'll just have to take a couple of vacation days, eh? ;D  It will be worth it, as this is now acknowledged to be the largest outdoor show in the World.

Don K

I am sorry to say that I will not be able to make it this year :( :'( I have come 3 yrs in a row and this was the first place I met some Forum members as a brand new member. I will always remember my late night conversation with Dang and DonE911. It was the start of something that I have thoroughly enjoyed. I have traveled many places and made many friends just in the interest of sniffing sawdust with what my wife calls my woodpecker friends. ;D :D Ya'll have a great time and I am already thinking of next year.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Thank You Sponsors!