iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bad situation

Started by CLL, September 15, 2008, 08:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLL

My daughter-in-law called today to say her husband had been hurt by a falling tree(they live in Cincinnati). Seems a large limb had fallen from the neighbors tree and he was out looking at it. My son-in-law had went out to talk to the neighbor, when the tree suddenly split in half, hitting my son-in-law in the back, tearing his shirt off and cutting his back up pretty good. The bad thing is it hit the neighbor in the upper back and head driving his head into the sidewalk. It broke his back, severely fractured his face, and he is in a coma. They don't know wether he will make it or not. I would appreciate you remembering him in your prayers, as he has a family too. I know most of the forum members are around trees on a daily basis, be careful.
Too much work-not enough pay.

mike_van

Sad news CLL, how ones life can change in just seconds. I hope you post back with better news in a few days.
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

DanG

Your Son-in-law and his neighbor will definitely be in my prayers and thoughts, CLL.

Heavily damaged trees can be very unstable.  I just hope that someone will learn that from this thread, and not turn their back on a broken tree.  Please keep us posted on the progress.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Dave Shepard

They will be in my thoughts as well. Things happen so fast.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Warbird

I'll be praying for all involved.

Maineloggerkid

THey will be in my prayers as well.
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

thecfarm

That is too bad.Just never know when something terrible will happen.Yes I will keep them all in my thoughts and prayers.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Slabs

Hopes, wishes and prayers from here.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

asy

Awful story, always a timely reminder of how dangerous trees can be.

Keeping your Son-in-Law and neighbour and their families in all of our thoughts.

Hope they both recover, please let us know how they go.

asy.
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Ernie

Prayers from New Zealand are on the way, please keep us posted.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

crtreedude

We will be praying for all involved.

There is a reason a leaning tree is called a widow maker. Trees are meant to stand upright, etc. Once that changes, you then have dangerous situation.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

semologger

sorry abot your son in law and neighbor. I heard a story like yours the other day. A guy in indiana close to cedarman. Went out to his car the other day cause a limb fell on it and while he was movin it a tree fell on his car and killed him. I know your out of cervice right know but keep us informed on both your situations.

sawman

Prayers going up from SE Mo.
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

cjg

in our prayers her up north too.

Thank You Sponsors!