iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dust rig

Started by SCSawyer, September 11, 2008, 09:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCSawyer

Hello guys need another favor  :-\ I need some ideas / pics my mill sits where there is no power and the rig that came with it is 3 phase and i cant find one of the original rigs to run of the mandrel  i have 500ft of chain and a small gear reducer and chain cog and some old lawn mower rims and axels , ANY IDEAS ?  Thanks
Silas S. Roberts , Bluff Mtn. Timber

WH_Conley

Are you talking about a circle mill, I have seem truck rearends, ran off of a belt run the chain drag. If we are on the same wave length I will try to get you some pics.
Bill

bandmiller2

SC,sawdust drags require very little power you could run a flat belt right on the arbor down to a larger flat pulley on the gearbox.Seeing as that 3 phase motor is of no use you could pull the case off and run a flat belt right on the armature,you may need a support bearing on the outer end.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

SCSawyer

yes its a circle mill and pics would be great thanks , I would post pics of what im doing but its so darn hard to get them on here

LeeB

Quote from: SCSawyer on September 12, 2008, 07:00:16 PM
yes its a circle mill and pics would be great thanks , I would post pics of what im doing but its so darn hard to get them on here

Think about what you just said. < ...pics would be great thanks , I would post pics of what im doing but its so darn hard to get them on here. >
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

SCSawyer

:D WELL !!!!!!!!!!!! some of us are computer friendly and some of us get very mad >:(

thecfarm

We will help you posting pictures.Like I say,you should be downsizing if you send pictures to other people.I'm on dailup and they really have to be downsized first.Go up tp "help" on the top of the page.It's all there.Yes,it looks like a lot at first,but after you do it a few times it's easy.Took me a few times to get it right.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ron Wenrich

Go here for how to put photos on the forum:

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,23851.0.html

We ran one for a good number of years off of an old Model T rear.  What type of chain are you using?  We used what I call corn picker chain.  They used them on the old corn pickers and on manure spreaders.  I would always find parts in farm supply junk yards. 

You could also run something with a small hydraulic setup.  I used that on another mill that had hydraulics.  Its not hard to put hydraulics on a circle mill, and you can use it for other things, like log turners and feedworks.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

LeeB

The pics really ain't all that hard. If a computer dummy like me can figure it out, most bout anybody can. :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Thank You Sponsors!