iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Remember 9-11

Started by beenthere, September 11, 2008, 11:07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

I've put up our flag in rememberance of that tragic day and the lives that were lost, as well as their loved ones in sorrow.
To me, this tragic event is a reminder, that we have enemies in our lives, and in our families and friends lives, now and into the future.

I remember that day, and seeing the towers crumble into a pile of dust, carrying people with them.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

mad dog

GOD BLESS AMERICA
mad dog 78 acres,pasqualli tractor,L-15 woodmiser

maestro

Well said, beenthere and mad dog. 
Today is a day to put aside party differences, personal pride and social/class prejudice.  Those who live in the United States need to be united today to remember that a lot of innocent people lost their lives due to the direct actions of a lot of bad people.  Take pride in who you are and what this country stands for.  I believe our founding fathers got it right and I think the Preamble to the Constitution of the United States says it best...

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

America, if nothing else...today is a day to come together.

For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver.  Martin Luther

Roxie

My flag is flying.  I still get tears in my eyes when I think about it. 

I read somewhere that McCain and Obama will go together today (yes, with each other) to ground zero.  I respect them both for that. 
Say when

bck

This is a newspaper clipping I have dated May 9, 1917   I would like to share.

That flag,men is yours to the end;
It waves that your sons may be free;
Will you strike no blow to defend ?
God help you if such men you be !

Raider Bill

The sad part is America has forgot.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Norm

Not this American Bill. :)

God Bless America

Raider Bill

Me neither but you know what I mean.
I wear a red shirt every friday in support of our troops. I'm asked why even after telling someone why I do it.
America has a short memory

Had a friend here in florida that was FDNY die in the towers. Steve Coakley Engine 217

stumpy

Thanks BT, I and my family will never forget, nor will we forget those who died during that day and after as a result.
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Raider Bill

Went to the corner store just now. For the heck of it asked the 4 people in line what today was. Smartest answer I got was Thursday.
When I said it was the 911 aniver. they looked at me in amazment.

SAD

SwampDonkey

I think a lot do remember it in their own way. No one seems to talk about it much though. Many people have different feelings and priorities I guess.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Had a write up in the paper,or should I say write ups.Some small towns were doing a moment of silence or something to remember.Should be done every year as one article said.Why wait for a 5 or 10 year anniversary?Yes,people do forgot and I would like to kick each and everyone when they do forget.A few times of being kicked would make alot of minds pretty sharp.Alot of people have gave thier lives to keep this country free.On this day alot of lives were lost for no reason.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Raider Bill

sawmilllawyer

I remember and I remember April 11, 1995 as well. A lot of good, innocent, people were lost. I think it's called "Patriot Day", Raider Bill and I hope we never have the need to name a another day the same way.
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

beenthere

Raider Bill
Very sad, but one of the many who have given their life for others...not thinking about themselves. There are so, so many...
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WildDog

The anniversery of that sad day gets a lot of coverage down under. I stayed up till 1:30am this morning watching a special filmed by 2 French producers, they were doing a doco on a fire unit nearby when the cowards struck the World Trade Centre. We also had President Bush on the evening news unveilling 180 odd benches individually named in rememberance of the lives lost when the plane hit your Pentagon.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

crtreedude

I was living in NJ when it happen. I will never forget.
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Faron

September 11, 2001 is one of those days everyone knows exactly where he was and what he was doing when he learned of the attack. May God bless those who perished, and those warriors who have defended us in the years since.
Some months after the attack, We saw a license plate with Todd Beamer's famous final words  "Let's Roll!"  My wife asked if I wanted one for my truck.  I thought a moment, and shook my head no.  It just didn't seem right.  I thought those words, and the courage and ideals they represented, were too important to be reduced to a plate on the front of a pickup.  I later bought the book by that name written by Lisa Beamer, Todd's wife.
I still remember.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Meadows Miller

God Bless America and All Those Soles Lost that day.

I remember that day like it was yesterday I was doing a cert 3 in timber industry management got to the training center 730am in the morning and was getting out of my ute and one of the Boys came up to Me and said World War 3 has started!!!!! I though they where yanking my chain as olny 6 to 8 people do this course each year  and We had become a pretty close knit group hanging out pranking eachover and so forth Brendan ,Danny and I where out the front of one of the confrence rooms having a smoke. it felt weird that they seemd so genuine then  Jim the trainer came walking over with the TV arial in his hand and said im hooking the tv up as He turned it on We All saw the second plane hit  :o then it hit home the previous 10 min handent been a prank and We all sat there watching the news for the next 2/3 hours and trying to make sence of it All  .We all decided to take the day off and ended up at the pub watching the news (down here all the channels dedicated the whole day at least to covering it.) Just thinking and talking about how the world had Just Changed FOREVER.

Reguards Chris McMahon
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Raider Bill

All they found of my friend was a small peice of jaw bone and his helmet which was completely flattened. Never found his turn out gear nor anything else.

timberfaller390

I am a volunteer Firefighter and I am saddend and somewhat mad that all my department did was lower the flags to half mast on 9/11/08 after that it was business as usual. I know that almost everyone in the country was impacted in some way but fire,police and EMS departments took it worse because we are all brothers whether we have ever met or not and it really piths me off that even we seem to be forgetting.
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

Thank You Sponsors!