iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lookin for rollers...

Started by Percy, June 25, 2003, 08:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

Does anyone know of a supplier in western North America that makes rollers(preferably ones with sprockets on em so as I can power them). I need to make about 28 feet of powered roll case and am having difficulty finding these... :'(
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

biziedizie

Percy off the top of my head you could try Rocky Mountain Motion Controls in Aldergrove. # 604-607-6443

That or you could call West Coast Machinery at 604-607-7762

One of these guys can help or point you in the right direction.

Steve

Furby

How big of rollers are you going to use, and how much load will be on them?
 I have access to some right now, but it might be smaller then what you need.
 At work we use different drive methods, there's the belt that runs along underneath the rollers and the weight adds friction so the rollers turn. Then we have the driveshaft ones that have a little rubber belt that connects the rolers to the driveshaft, you can change the direction of the belts to change which way the rollers roll. Then we have another kind but I will have to take a closer look to tell you how they work. We also have the chain and sprocket type that we put full skids of product on.
 We have a 37' section of powered and a 37' section of non powered rollers that are being sold right now.I think they are around 14"-16" wide, and are like the first description I gave. I don't know if they are sold yet or not, but I can find out if you want.

Percy

Hey Steve/Furb
Thanks for the info...sorry for the late reply...Im in and out like a fiddlers elbow these days...Ive got a line on  some 24 inch belting and a few rollers so I may go that route, Ill keep this in mind if the belt thing dont happen...Thks
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Thank You Sponsors!