iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

discrimination

Started by Old_Hickory, September 09, 2008, 01:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old_Hickory

hello all I have also been a member of abororistsite.com.For some unknown reason i have been banned.I have never did nothing except once acidentally told someone id sell my saw,and was banned for non sponsor selling.Yesterday the month banned was lifted.I went back for a couple hours and was banned permantly for having 2 accounts.
This is nothing but discrimination on thier part.For some reason they dont like me.I am gonna contact some of thier sponsors and tell them this.I love chatting about saws,This is like communism.Lets get together and try to get some of thier members to come here.We can make this site better than thiers if we will try.And id like to thank anyone who
has answered and posted on my ads  >:(
gotta love those XP saws

Rocky_J

Old news. Darin has been doing that for years. Why do you think none of the good, intelligent climbers and tree guys hang out there any more? Most of them were banned and the rest got tired of the crap. Most of the posters in the chainsaw forum are idiots and/or rookies. As they learn and spend time there, they figure out the racket and end up drifting away or finding another place to spend their online time.

And welcome to the 'banned at arboristsite' club.  8) :D

Old_Hickory

gotta love those XP saws

zackman1801

its funny, the posts over there start off asking about something and then after a few days people get talking about what pick up trucks are good, or what they had for lunch last week.
"Improvise, Adapt, OVERCOME!"
Husky 365sp 20" bar

Al_Smith

Quote from: Rocky_J on September 09, 2008, 02:08:32 PM

And welcome to the 'banned at arboristsite' club.  8) :D
--and I might add that this club is larger than the active members on that praticular site ,without going into detail . :)

sawguy21

That is why I quit going over there. Logging and saws are in my blood and I like nothing more than a good discussion about them but got really tired of the nonsense that goes on there. Sounds like little has changed.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

ComputerUser

Which username(s) did you have over at AS?

SawTroll

Quote from: ComputerUser on September 10, 2008, 01:36:12 PM
Which username(s) did you have over at AS?

Several, but usually not at the same time - that is asking to be banned! ::)

Actually, I don't like this thread, and think it ought to be removed (?)......  :-\ 
Information collector.

rebocardo

OH,

Any site owner can do whatever they want at any time, they own their home. Just like you can choose to go there or not, for any reason.

My advice is to forget useless retaliatory actions, forget it happened, relax, and enjoy being here and follow the rules. It will not matter much in 100 years when all of us are dead.  ;)

SawTroll

Quote from: rebocardo on September 11, 2008, 02:41:31 PM
OH,

Any site owner can do whatever they want at any time, they own their home. Just like you can choose to go there or not, for any reason.

My advice is to forget useless retaliatory actions, forget it happened, relax, and enjoy being here and follow the rules. It will not matter much in 100 years when all of us are dead.  ;)

Right, if the chemistry is wrong, it is wrong.
Information collector.

Al_Smith

Quote from: rebocardo on September 11, 2008, 02:41:31 PM
OH,

Very true indeed . The best advice is to forget about it ,move on . Remember though , sites are made of the members . Run them all off you have no site as a few owners are slowly finding out .

I'm not saying it would be an easy job to moderate a site fairly and without bias towards a few that might annoy you at times . However ,one must remember the world is made up of different personalitys and this must be considered . By the very content of saws,tree work etc. you will draw in a rather ornery bunch of participants .

Some peoples sense of humor is different than others .What might be taken as harrassement could in fact just be good natured badgering among people . Sometimes though it might be hard to tell the difference between the two .

Then too different sites draw different crowds .Some are full of participants of the "timber series " type stuff .Some are mostly pro treemen.Some are gearheads ,like myself .It's all slightly different between sites and so are the participants also .

crtreedude

I agree, the best thing is just move on. Forums have a personality. Good ones grow, others don't.

Life is too short to worry about such things, the Internet is a huge place, and you are surely welcome here.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Thank You Sponsors!