iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's in your IPOD?

Started by Mooseherder, September 05, 2008, 09:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

There is a genre intentionally left out that begins with R and ends with a P but should really start with a C. ;D
I know Popular music has alot to do with geographically origin and cultural influences until you reach a certain age then the whole world is your oyster. :D

I like all Styles of music and the shuffle mode is usually on my IPOD going through different genres evenly. ;)

My favorite is Rock (of all the ages, soft or Hard as long as it's rockin' ;)
The artist that takes up the most bytes is Mark Knopfler (the guy from dire straits)
then Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty and Neil Young.  Roy Orbison, Stevie Ray also have some special places in there. ;)
For Country, John Anderson.
Other favorites are Coldplay, Pink Floyd, Moody Blues, Old 97's and Three Dog Night.
So....What's in your IPOD. ???

Dan_Shade

I don't have an IPOD, i keep spending all of my money on beer.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

isawlogs

Somebody needs to remember the 8 track  ;D :)  Sheeshhh I remember that having FM was an option .. let alone an eight track .  ::)

I have no Ipod, Son has one with over 20,000 peices of music in there  :o He has a very wide selection too , we drove back to Gatineau a few weeks ago( four hour drive ) and he had that thing playing in the car , canda cool he has plugs this thing in the lighter and tunes the radio to his Ipod and had me choose what ever I wanted and he had it on there ... all but one , Dock of the Bay  :D   
I like my good old rock , soft hard in between .. I really like ballads too , just all depends on time of day .  8)
  Ya I am the one that voted for  lest we forget the eight track  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

pigman

What's an IPOD?  I do know about 8 track tapes. ::)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Fla._Deadheader

Where's the option for Edison Cylinders ???  ::) ::) ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Mooseherder

Quote from: Fla._Deadheader on September 05, 2008, 10:36:54 PM

Where's the option for Edison Cylinders ???  ::) ::) ::)

I was gonna put Early music as an option but already had too many selections.
Put Other. ;D :D

Fla._Deadheader

First, it is ridiculed;

Radar67

Anybody remember the tape before the 8 track? My mom had a few, I think she called them 4 tracks.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Warbird

I listen to all sorts of music...  religious, techno, rock, classical, country, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, pop...  Pretty much everything.

And you know...  thinking about it really makes me feel old.  :(

Fla._Deadheader

Weren't no xbox fer Bluegrass, neither  ::) ::) ::) ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Maineloggerkid

Im am probably the only teen around that doesn't even know how to use an Ipod. Nifty little things, but pricey...... :-\
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

ellmoe

Quote from: isawlogs on September 05, 2008, 10:29:17 PM

the radio to his Ipod and had me choose what ever I wanted and he had it on there ... all but one , Dock of the Bay  :D  

[/quote                                  Marcel,  You mean Otis Redding? One of my all time favorites from my childhood. ;D

Mark

PS :  Eight tracks rule!!!!!!!
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Meadows Miller

Gday

Im one for soft to hard rock 60s to the 90s mainly and some country .Gold fm or 3b0 is the only way to go .dont have one of thos Ipod thingys yet .Im a low tech man in a hi tech society  :D :D

Chris McMahon
4TH Generation Timbergetter

isawlogs

Ellmoe,
   Yes sir thats the one ...  8)  Was there ever an other verson.   ???  I cant listen to rap .. it gets my blood boilin' and never got into that disco crap either  ::) ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

timberfaller390

Bluegrass, Old time, Country, Western swing and Metallica
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

Fla._Deadheader

Got puter kickin out Bluegrass, as I write this.

YEE  HAHHHHHHHHHHHHHY'ALL
   ;D ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Roxie

Bob Dylan
John Prine
Johnny Cash
Merle Haggard
Don Williams
Johnny Lee
Wille Nelson
ZZ Top
Allison Krauss
Hank Williams Jr
Rascals
Jimi Hendrix
Greg Uhlman
George Jones
George Strait
The Knack
Robert Palmer
Ronnie Milsap
Alan Jackson
Little Stevie Wonder (Fingertips, Live)
Left Bank
Cyrkle
Foreigner
Travis Tritt
Aretha Franklin
Sara Evans
Montgomery Gentry
Martha & the Vandella's
Grateful Dead
Pavarotti (Rodine Al Nido)
London Philharmonic
David Allen Coe   8)
Say when

Mooseherder

Roxie,  You've got a few genres covered! 8)

I have some of that stuff too. ;D
David Allen Coe
George Strait
Alan Jackson
ZZ Top
Sara Evens

Roxie

I even like the songs from musicals, but David Allen Coe's "You Don't Have to Call Me Darlin, Darlin" is the ringtone on my phone.   :)
Say when

tyb525

Quote from: Maineloggerkid on September 06, 2008, 07:30:33 PM
Im am probably the only teen around that doesn't even know how to use an Ipod. Nifty little things, but pricey...... :-\

You aren't the only one. I have once had a cheap little mp3 player, don't know what happened to it. I have all my music on my computer and cds, if I'm away from home the radio still works just fine... 8)
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Maineloggerkid

Good to know that there are more like me out there. 8)
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

dnalley

Don't have an Ipod, but CD's and computer do OK for me.
I like old time rock and roll (before '63 when the Beatles killed it )  that outta make a few friends :)
Older country music--back when you could hear the first few notes of a song and you knew instantly who it was.  People had their own style, own sound.  Not like this stuff on tv last night that my family just had to watch--tried to read the FF board while this stuff was going on in the background.  Worked in assembly for much of my life and I believe that's how most of the "stars" today get set up, right out of a cookie-cutter dough line.  They sound the same, look the same, act the same--tight jeans(boys and girls), cowboy hat, and very few distinguishable sounds, and in no way COUNTRY!!  Like to have drove me crazy(er).
Bluegrass and Gospel--preferably bluegrass gospel,
Flatpickin guitar music!!  Even fingerpickin guitar.  The world is full of great pickers that you'll never hear on commercial radio.  Unfortunately I missed the boat!
Did I mention hard-drivin' bluegrass ??? Love it!!
But like "they" say, different strokes for different folks 8)

Roxie

Now see, if you had an IPod, you could've put those ear plugs in and been in your own world, with only the music you like.  By the way, I completely agree with you about today's country music. 

Folks are saying the IPod is expensive, but I bought mine refurbished from the Apple Music Store Online.  It's no bigger than a pack of matches, and holds 250 songs.  It cost me $40 delivered.  So far, I've purchased 83 songs at a dollar apiece (they say 99 cents,  ::))  I've bought them about 10 songs at a time, so it didn't hit me too hard in the pocket.  There hasn't been one song that I've requested on the ITunes online store that they didn't have.  It's amazing.  Something as obscure as Johnny Lee's "Cherokee Fiddle" to John Prine's "I'm on the Other Side of Town", to Cyrkle's "Red Rubber Ball". 

The reason that I originally wanted an IPod was to listen to music while I was walking on the treadmill.  I tried a portable CD player, but it skips a lot, and my portable cassette player was just too uncomfortable and awkward.  I had tapes and CD's everywhere.  Now the CD's and tapes are back in their bookcase, and I walk around with what looks like a match book clipped to my shirt collar.  I don't have to listen to an entire tape or CD of an artist to get to the songs I really like.  I am very glad that I bought the IPod.  It charges on the computer, and I've had mine three months, listen to it daily for at least an hour, and I've only had to charge it once since the initial charge.  In the case of the IPod, technology is our friend! 
Say when

dnalley

Thanks, Roxie
I wonder if I could get Tom T Hall's "Turn it On, Turn it On, Turn it On' ???  Kind of a far out song but I love Tom T.  Talk about an obscure song!

Roxie

Oh me too!  I'll check the ITunes store later tonight and get back to ya!  If Tom T is there, I reckon I'll have to buy a few songs... :D 
Say when

Thank You Sponsors!