iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Blade(for me)

Started by EZ, June 23, 2003, 05:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ

My blade man gave me a blade to try out for pine. The tooth space is 1/2 inch apart, the set is .020 and theirs no raker teeth. Any body ever use or seen a blade like this, if so, how did it saw.
Now if I only had some pine to saw. ;D
EZ

Tom

I woudn't expect too much from it.   The closer the teeth the more horses it takes though 20 thou. isn't too bad for a set.  When you test it make sure you have a top with lots of knots as well as a butt with good wood.  I'd sure be interested in what you find.

Fla._Deadheader

I got LOTSA Pine. When can ya be here???  ;D ;D I am going to watch for input on that blade.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

D._Frederick

EZ,
I use this type blade on my 20 inch shop saw. How well it saws depends on the hook angle of the teeth. The more hook angle the faster it will saw soft woods. With little of no hook angle will work best on hard, dry woods.

EZ

Just wanted to give you guys a up date on this blade I got for sawing pine. There is no up date, need a pine log for up date, Dang hardwood country anyway. I'm about to cut one of my wifes pine trees down so I can try the blade out, but the biggest pine she has is 6 inch dia. I dont think she wood like that anyway. ;D Well hopefully soon.
EZ
WANTED, free to good home, one knotty pine. ;D

ARKANSAWYER

You come and fetch it I have them up to 36 dia and 28 ft long.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

shopteacher

Bring that blade on over to the Pa. side of the border. I have about 2 dozen white pine and spruce ready to be made into barn siding.  I use to pass through your town quite a bit on the way to Hartville.  Haven't been trough that way for about 5 yr. now, but sure liked the area.
   Had an uncle that lived on Portage Lakes and spent quite a few memorable summers there fishing and swimming.
    Hope the blade works out for you and if you willing to haul a log home I'll give you one.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

EZ

Hey Arkansawyer, I wood be glad to come down for a log and plus I wood stay for awhile to shoak up some of that knowledge that you have. ;D
Shopteacher, thanks for the offer but a guy called and said he has some pine for me to mill, as soon as he gets them down. Good old Hartville, we go up their 3 or 4 times a yr, nice old town. If you ain't ever stop at the True Value place, stop in and check out the wood working tools, they have some far out machines.
EZ

EZ

I got some pine logs and when I got home from work today I went straight out to try that new blade. I did'nt really think this blade was going to preform any better than the hardwood blades that I use. But holy smoke, I could'nt beleave it, the blade perform unbeleiveable. I sawed two of the tops which where 12 inch at the big end. I sawed slow and fast and faster, I was sawing so fast that I was taking long steps. The boards are just as perfect as a man could ask for. My wife could'nt beleive it, she kept telling me look how nice and smooth the boards are. She took some pictures and we will post them soon. I had to stop sawing because of the big thunder boomers were getting pretty close. Tomorrow I have some 24 and 26 inch dia to saw, I beleive them will be the true test. Even tho, the motor was'nt even thinkin about working very hard on the smaller logs today. I just cant beleive how the blade perform today.
EZ

WoodChucker

Wish I would of had that blade last week, but I'm done with the pine for now and moving on to red oak again. I'll be watching to see how you like that blade after you use it for a few more logs. Sure hope it works out good, I'll get a few if it does, are they for sale somewhere or does your blade man  make them for you?

R.T.  
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

Fla._Deadheader

YEAH. Post all the info ya got !!!! I need one 15'-6" long.
   First, it is ridiculed;

smwwoody

ok who makes this band I would like to give it a try in hemlock
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

EZ

I sawed them bigger logs after I got home. They were the butt logs and I was a little afraid I was going to hit metal, detector broke and they are in town trees. The first log milled very nice, I sawed it about as fast as red oak, which my mill does a good job for only being a 16 hp.
The second log I hit a nail, >:(, it bent a couple of teeth so I took the blade off and bent the teeth back and sharpen it a little. I put it back on and finish sawing the nail log. It done a real good job on both the logs. I have more pine to saw tomorrow. I already made up my mind that I'm going to order 20 of these blades. For $15. a piece I'd say its about time something works out right.
Don't know who make the blade yet, my blade man is on vacation for 2 wks. :-/ He did tell me that they are only for soft woods, why I dont know, but I will try it on hard wood after I'm done with the pine, if it dont break. ;D
EZ

Fla._Deadheader

EZ, EZ, Yer sadistic, man. :o  Puttin out that report and we can't burn up the phone wires ordering blades. ::) ::) ;D :D :D :D

First, it is ridiculed;

EZ

Yesterday I touch up the blade before I started sawing. We sawed 440 bf and the blade was starting to dull pretty good. So I put on one of my hardwood blades and finish sawing the pine.
I'm not real sure but I think my blade man said they were lenox.
One thing I should say is these logs were muddy and I dont have a debarker. I cleaned some of the mud off, but I was to excided to clean them good. I think these pine were red pine, I'm not to sure cause I have a heck of a time identifying pine.
As soon as I find out for sure what make these blades are I'll let you guys know.
EZ

EZ

Talk to my blademan today, he said the blades are made by Lenox. Said they are actually re-saw blades, but I dont care what they are made for cause they work great for me. I order 20 of them.
EZ

Fla._Deadheader

Thanks for the info, EZ. I wuz about to poke ya with a stick, in case ya fergot to ask the blade man. ::) ;D ;D
  Any idea what the thickness is ???
   First, it is ridiculed;

Tom

Lennox separates their blades by models and each model has an identification as well as physical nomenclature.  All of that information is necessary to identify which specific blade you have.  The model is iimportant at the very least.  IE: woodmaster C or CT
http://www.lenoxsaw.com/bandserv.html

clicking the "products" in the blue banner will get you the on-line pages.  Those links below are PDF

EZ

The best I can do by going in the Lenex site is :
Wood-Master (tm) B
Width x Thickness
1 1/4  x  .042
1 tooth per inch
The blade I have has know raker teeth and at the Lenex site it does'nt say anything about no rakers, but being a resaw blade maybe they dont have rakers on, I dont no. ???
FD, if you want, I could have my blade man make you up one your size, and send it to you.
EZ

Fla._Deadheader

EZ, I'm glad ya offered. I was gonna ask, but, I'm a lil shy bout them things. ::)
  I will send an instant message with shipping address. Thanks
   First, it is ridiculed;

Thank You Sponsors!