iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kidney Stones

Started by MartyParsons, August 31, 2008, 08:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyParsons

Hello,
Anyone know about Kidney stones. I had Lithotripsy done Friday. Back to the Emergency room Friday night. Home today taking Oxie the good stuff. Any home fixes.?Been drinking lemon juce straight and lots of water. Pain is almost unbearable, if it was not for good drugs I would be pulling my hair out.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Rocky_J

10 years ago I had them and it felt like somebody was beating me across the lower back with a baseball bat. Hit me at work around lunchtime, my coworker drove me to the hospital where they put some sort of dye into my IV so they could see the stones on x-ray. A side benefit of the dye was that it also will dissolve smaller stones. I ended up passing them (felt like I was passing crushed glass) and was released from the hospital about midnight. After a couple days I was back to normal.

Tony

Never had them myself, but I saw my brother-in-law when he had an attack, and I don't want them smiley_sick smiley_sick smiley_sick

Good luck 8) 8) 8)   

Tony   8)
TK1600, John Deere 4600 W\frontendloader, Woodmaster718 planer\moulder, Stihl MS461 Stihl 036 & 021 & Echo CS-370
"You cannot invade the mainland United States.  There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."  Adm. Isoroku Yamamotto ( Japanese

Radar67

Everybody around here says to drink cranberry juice. I never had them, but mom did. She made several trips to the hospital before she passed them. It was something I want to experience.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Tim L

I had one after working on my lot all day. I thought I pulled a muscle . Twenty minutes later my wife called the ambulance (I thought I was dying) pretty scary the first time out !
Do the best you can and don't look back

Mooseherder

I 've had them and had to have them surgically removed because it was too big to pass.  I fear that they have reappeared and I will be dealing with them again soon.
Diet does have something to do with it and once your body starts making stones they are likely to come back.   Drinking Citric flavored water will help with certain kinds of stones if they're calcium based (the Stones).  I have been told by my Urologist to stay away from Cranberry Juice and Orange Juice.   Right now, lemon juice isn't going to help you too much.   Drinking water with a lemon squeeze is just as good. Try like heck to pass them Marty.  ::)  Try to sleep in a chair or recliner if it helps.  Maybe on your stomach in bed.
I feel your pain brother....Hang in there.  Maybe go back to hospital??

Rocky_J

When I had mine, I had been on a Gatorade kick for several months and was drinking 3-4 quarts per day. Mostly the Citrus Cooler flavor. I quit drinking Gatorade after that, I've had maybe 20 quarts in the last 10 years.

pigman

Marty, all I can say is they usually are not fatal if the guns are out of reach. ::) On my first two stones I went to the hospital to be tortured, on the last three the  wife just locked me in the back bed room so she couldn't hear the screams . I was lucky enough to pass the little buggers.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

WDH

Wow Marty, that is bad.  Real bad.  I have been through it twice, and it is a horrible experience.  Drink lots of fluids and take the Oxy.  Wonderful stuff, that.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WildDog

Haven't had them but witnessed my old boss get carted off to hospital from out in the bush. We would go off all day mustering on horses and he would call me weak because I took 2 water bottles on my saddle unlike him who had only a cup of billy tea at lunch. When i got to see him in hospital his doctor said he probably wouldn't of been there if he'd drunk more water. ;)

They must be painfull because this old boss twice had both arms broken at the one time, broken legs, one eye, and had a fence post touch on his heart when it impaled his chest following a horse accident, but those stones reduced him to tears.

Hope your starting to mend Marty.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

MartyParsons

Feeling much better today, the burning went mostly away. I was ready to bite a bullet every time I took a leak. The doctor also gave me flowmax drug and I took two of those last night and drank about 3 quarts of water. I was up about every 1/2 hour but everything was flowing and no pain.
I have heard of others going through the other way they remove the stones doesn't sound to pleasant.
If you have never had kidney stones pray you dont. I can tell you I have not drank any iced tea or soda for two weeks.
Thanks for your support!
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Rocky_J

Glad you're on the mend, Marty. That kinda thing will sure change your drinking habits in a hurry, won't it?  :o

WDH

I cut way back on the caffeine and began drinking much more water.  Anytime that I think about the kidney stone experience, it makes me want to drink a large glass of water :).  If you have ever had one of those stents put in to your bladder, you know the very essence of pain and suffering.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Mooseherder

Quote from: WDH on September 01, 2008, 09:39:09 PM
.  If you have ever had one of those stents put in to your bladder, you know the very essence of pain and suffering.

I didn't appreciate the way they took the stent out. ::)
Being asleep when they put it in had it's benefits. :D

WDH

I did not appreciate it either :o.  I was not sure how it would be done.  I was sitting on that little steel table about to ask the Doc about the process (and specifically if there was any pain medicine) when he abruptly did the deed :-X.  That thing (the stent of course) is much longer than you realize :).

Left Coast Chris

A guy at work had them and the doc also told him not to eat nuts.  Not sure why....... maybe the calcium..
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

thecfarm

Glad you are on the mend. Good luck.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

semologger

Ive had them a few times. cranberry juice is what i was told to drink. When i was 14 years old i broke my neck and pinched my spinal cord. So i was paralized well while. when i was there they left  my cath in me to long and i built up calcium around it. well when they pulled it out it broke everything lose in my bladder. Wow it hurt. I ended up passing enough to fill up the bottom of those cups you Wee in. Then a few years later i had a bunch lazard in my kidneys. I got to go to sleep three fridays in a row with that go around.

I feal your pain guys. Its the closes thing a man can have to a women having a baby. I just hope i am done having kids.

Raider Bill

A friend gets them all the time. He say's that the best thing he has found is eating a cold can of asparagus, has to be canned then drinking 2 20 oz plastic bottles of warm Coke a cola.
Has a long explaination as to why it works which bored the heck out of me but he swaer by it.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

zopi

I just got done with a batch...being a human check valve is no fun.

My doc said to drink a beer or lemonade everyday...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Raider Bill

Quote from: zopi on September 25, 2008, 12:42:02 PM
I just got done with a batch...being a human check valve is no fun.

My doc said to drink a beer or lemonade everyday...

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
I love your Doc! My 2 favorite drinks!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Tom_in_Mo.

passing a golf ball that has the markings of a cuckle burr through a garden hose is the best way that I explain it or giving birth to a lawn tractor.
I got to see a blown up version and it did look just like a cuckle burr.
My wife took me to the emergency room on late Saturday evening and I passed them 4 gernades on Monday morning.
One of the nurses told me that if she had to choose she would rather go through childbirth anytime than pass a kidney stone.  NOW THAT REALLY HELP MY PAIN.

Thank You Sponsors!