iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

cell phone in Ireland

Started by simonmeridew, August 31, 2008, 07:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simonmeridew

What do I need to do to get a cell phone to work in Ireland? We're visiting the Emerald Isle next week and my parents are not doing real well here at home in Vermont and I'd like to keep in touch. I'm told my Verizon phone won't work there--different system.  Can I rent a "track phone" once I get there, or what? Someone said AT&T phones work there, any thoughts? Thanks
simonmeridew
Kubota L4400, Farmi 351

isawlogs

First thing I would do is contact my phone provider , and be asking them the question . They should be able to help you out .  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

LeeB

AT&T will work and so will T-Mobile. You have to have a phone that canuse the European signal. It is a different frequency than the U.S. Most international airpoerrts have places that rent phones for overseas use, but I think they are pretty expensive.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

alsayyed

What you need a phone that be able to send and receive in GSM mode. I think I was in California last month I can use my phone from Qatar and it is working then I have got prepared phone card from T mobile which I do not like it all it dose  eat the units or the minutes very quickly. In General in Europe they  use GSM system and I think it should work.

SwingOak

AT&T wireless works everywhere in Europe. It's one of the reasons I switched from Verizon.

I have a Treo and it has worked everywhere I have been internationally - including Ireland.

So you need a GSM phone, like AT&T or T-Mobile, not a CDMA like Verizon uses.  Sign up for the international roaming plan, it costs $6 a month and the rates are about half what they are without it - and it's still $0.99 per minute.

Thank You Sponsors!