iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Opportunity knocks!

Started by Faron, August 29, 2008, 09:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faron

The state is in the first stages of building an interstate highway that will go through my county.  This summer protesters have been camping out in trees near the project.  It is a problem for law enforcement removing them.  I just came up with an idea.  If I can find enough animals, I think I need to train police orangautangs for protester removal. ;) :D  Any partners? :D
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

WH_Conley

I would volunteer with my winter growth of hair, might work better in the bigfoot thread. Have to wait awhile. :D :D

Sasquatch has less hair every year. >:(
Bill

rebocardo

imho, The police do not have to do anything to remove them except keep people away from  the trees. They either die up in the tree or have to come down for supplies and be arrested. Then charged with public pee-pee, littering, etc. and thrown in jail.

If they bring up 20 gallons of water, drop a .22 or BB into the tank a couple of times.

Tom

Put a recording of a misery whip sawing away under the tree now and again in the evenings.  I''ll bet they won't get much sleep then.  :D

Corley5

Seeing them thrown out of the trees by orangatangs would be fun  ;D ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Faron

Yeah, I was visualizing my county sheriff warning, " Come out of the tree, or I'll release my orangutan!!!!" :D
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

sawdust

Reminds me of a gorilla joke of years ago, cannot be reprinted here.

"shoot the gorilla!!!!"
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

woody1

I love that joke. Only I heard it " If I fall Shoot Blue !!!"  :D :D
If you don't want to row, get out of the boat !

Haytrader

How about Jerry Clower saying...."Shoot up here amongst us. One of us needs some relief."

:D
Haytrader

SPIKER

Quote from: Haytrader on August 30, 2008, 06:10:01 AM
How about Jerry Clower saying...."Shoot up here amongst us. One of us needs some relief."

:D

Jerry Clower I hadn't heard that name in YEARS!  ;D (*Coon hunting story* Ole John Ubanks,  John I don't think you can climb that tree ;) :D )  one other was about train tracks grave yards and drunks ;)
was one of his best the local truck stop had a bunch of em on the juke box back in the day 4 songs for a quarter :) :)

Mark M
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Warren

Quote from: Faron on August 29, 2008, 09:35:53 PM
...  It is a problem for law enforcement removing them...

Are the LEO's using a Fecon or a chainsaw ?     ;D

-w-
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Faron on August 29, 2008, 09:35:53 PM
The state is in the first stages of building an interstate highway that will go through my county.  This summer protesters have been camping out in trees near the project. 

Just stop issuing the unemployment and relief cheques and cut off all college bursaries and grants.  ;D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bibbyman

Now that's funny!  I don't care who you are.

Say,  maybe if they can't find orangutans,  they could get some really smelly chimps to go up and give them a hug and keep them company?  Feed them beans and cheese, etc.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Left Coast Chris

Just pass out free tickets to some of the other nut gatherings around the country.  Heck the tree huggers could have been at the Burning Man event in northern Nevada had they been tipped off it was going on.  Although.......supposedly it was disrupted by a sand storm where many went home before they burnt the man.    Too bad.

Or........stage your own event to lure them out of the trees.....you could invite Julia Butterfly Hill to speek at a local event and they would surely come down to attend then bring in the chain saws.

Maybe wasted effort....... the first good cold snap and you should be good to go.  Julia had it pretty easy because the temps do not normally go below 50 degrees in Humboldt County in N. Calif (the land of nuts and fruits).

Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

flip

This wouldn't be the saveourforest.org people would it? 
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

ely

you guys make me cry...........stop it now. my sides are hurting. i am in aggreement with corley#5 Pop_corn

Faron

flip, not sure just who they are.... They were down by Evansville sitting a while back.  Didn't they have a short car chase when they arrested some of the ground crew awhile back? smiley_monkeyfight smiley_monkeyfight

rebocardo

> Seeing them thrown out of the trees by orangatangs

Or from Any Which Way But Loose

"Right Clyde!"  :D

Part_Timer

Just turn the coon dogs loose, run them tresspassers up the tree, wrap said tree in razor wire, build road. ;)  problem solved. 
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Meadows Miller

Quote from: Bibbyman on September 01, 2008, 04:59:32 AM
Now that's funny!  I don't care who you are.

Say,  maybe if they can't find orangutans,  they could get some really smelly chimps to go up and give them a hug and keep them company?  Feed them beans and cheese, etc.

Bibby
those protesters might learn somthing from those chimps and come out thinking they are smarter we dont want that now do We  ;) :D

Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Bibbyman

I was watching the police deal with the protesters during the Republican Convention and it looked like they were having a little trouble keeping ahold of them. 

I got to thinking there was a state fair going on and they probably had a rodeo.  They could have used some "head and heel" calf roping teams to come in and capture some of those protesters. 

smiley_horserider
Sawing since '94

beenthere

It puzzles me that the police do not carry nylon nets to apprehend and control protesters, and other unruly thugs.

Often think that a net would be much more effective, and pre-emptive to applying the handcuffs.

Calf-roping teams would be good too.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Fla._Deadheader

Strictly Headers, don't NEED Tailers  ::) ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Bibbyman

Quote from: Fla._Deadheader on September 07, 2008, 12:59:26 PM

Strictly Headers, don't NEED Tailers  ::) ;D ;D

No..  you need the tailers to  s t r e t c h  them out a bit. ;D
Sawing since '94

Fla._Deadheader

I was thinkin you'd stretch 'em, as you caught 'em on the run, and stopped quickly.  ::) ::) ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Thank You Sponsors!