iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

skidder with loader

Started by rgear, August 25, 2008, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rgear

I'm looking for a skidder with a front loader. I need a machine to skid with and load logs and place them on the deck at my mill.

timberfaller390

A good farm tractor with logging winch and loader should fit your needs. I don't think any "conventional" skidders manufacturers have ever built one with a loader.
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

rgear

Actually, Pettibone, Garrett and Can Car all made skidders with front end loaders that would load a log truck. Ran a Garrett 15 in early 70's that had one.

zackman1801

those old skidders are going to be hard to find, your best bet is with a farm tractor with forks. some of the bigger tractors can do just what a skidder can and they can also double over when you need to plow a driveway or do something that mabey a skidder cant do.
"Improvise, Adapt, OVERCOME!"
Husky 365sp 20" bar

Meadows Miller

Gday

Im looking at mounting a loader frame onto a  68mod TJ 205  im going to do it by buying a old  Hdty loader frame of a tractor for about $800 with rams and valves giveing it a Reco pins bushes ect  and  adjusting the mounts to suit take the blade off it  and tap into the main hyd bank. too easy if Your a Bush Mecanic.
Cost about $1300+ Skidder

Reguards Chris McMahon

4TH Generation Timbergetter

beenthere

Chris
Take some pics of that process. Anxious to see how it turns out.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

justintimemoto

id go with a decent size farm tractor    or what about a smaller loader dozer i forgot its the one with the bucket
ms660 372xp 455 rancher

2006 suzuki rm 125 for sale

Thank You Sponsors!