iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I got a new toy!

Started by WoodChucker, June 21, 2003, 05:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodChucker

It came yesterday, New Holland TC40D, 4 cylinder diesel, 40 HP, 4X4, with Hydrostatic trans. Also got the Bush Hog back hoe, front end loader, back blade and front forks. So far I really like it, it has the quick chang mounting system for all the front implements, which is the greatest thing I ever seen!  ;D

You guys could have had a good laugh if you had seen me trying to use a back hoe for the first time, I'm sure I could have dug this hole faster with a tea spoon.  ;D  I just couldn't seem to get it to go in the direction I wanted it to. It's a good thing there was nothing or no one around, because they would have been in big trouble.

http://www.thewoodchucker.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/tc40d.jpg

http://www.thewoodchucker.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/tc40d2.jpg
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

Tom

Wow, what a pretty blue tractor!  ....and it has a log boom on the back :D   ......and a bucket on the front that will hold forks for moving lumber.  ;D    What a deal 8)  

biziedizie

Very cool! A two seater tractor. 8)
  That baby should last you a life time, very good tractors.

Steve

Larry

You know how to make a guy jealous.

I had an AC WD-45, JD 4020, & Oliver 550.  Found a near new Ford 1720 4WD about 10 years ago real cheap and bought it just to resell and make a few dollars as it looked like a toy to me.  The first 3 are gone but the Ford is still here.

I think your going to like it!!
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

johnjbc

Nice tractor
I know what you mean about learning to run a hoe but it won't take long to get used to it.
LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

AtLast

WOW!!!...thats REALLY nice....u be da man  8)...whats the lifting capacity of the frnt end with the fork attachment?

Norm

Nice looking outfit there woodchucker, you'll get the hang of running the backhoe in no time.

Right after my wife my tractor is the handiest thing on the farm..........uh well you know what I mean. ;D

Fla._Deadheader

Man, nice rig
Can I borrow it??? Need a "test" drive, dontcha know ;D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

dan-l-b

Them New Hollands, great tractors, nice rig.  I started my excavating business in 1985 on one just like that!!  Have fun, be careful and don't let your feet hang out too far when you swing that hoe hard to one side or the other. ;) 8) 8)

Tillaway

Nice one, I have an old 1710 ford, runs like a top.

If my dad could watch me running my front loader he would tell me to "Get off that thang; watch you is making me tired".
 :D ;D
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Kevin

Very nice!
Call before you dig.  :-[

Tom

Guess who's the lineman. :D

WoodChucker

Thanks everyone, I sure do like this thing. Funny thing is, when I bought it, I was just going to the tractor store to buy a bolt that broke on my old Ford 1900. But I made the mistake of walking over and JUST LOOKING at the new ones and seen that cup holder and just new I had to have a new tractor,  ;D .

I was shocked at the trade-in value of my old tractor ($6500.00) for a 22 year old machine. I bought it used for a lot less then that and I would have to think thats more then it cost new, no?

So I figure I made out pretty good. There was nothing really wrong with my old one, other then the fact it was pretty beat up, but it ran good. I don't think you can beat them old Ford tractors, they take a lickin and keep on tickin.

dan-l-b, thanks for the tip about foot location, when you have a size 14 you need to be more careful then most.  ;D

AtLast, the lifting capacity of the front loader is 2000 pounds, so I guess it would be the same for the forks, but I'm not really sure. Anyone have a better answer?

Norm_F., are you sure you didn't mean to say, right after your wife, your the HANDIEST thing around?  ;D  J/K

Well I'm off to do some reading, thanks again!

R.T.
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

Furby

NICE tractor WoodChucker!
Why don't you come visit G.R., I've got a place for you to stay, and a foundation and patio for you to practice on. ;D

Furby

Frank_Pender

Well done, Woodchucker.  I began with an 1800 about 23 years ago.  You have a good looking outfit.  Congrats.  You will continue to thank yourself for the quick disconnect system for the bucket and the forks. You will also adapt new equipment for the loader as time goes bye.  One thing you might consider is a riggen to set your slabs into and cut to firewood lengths.  
Frank Pender

WoodChucker

Furby, thanks for the invite, you meet the nicest people on a New Holland, LOL.

Frank_Pender, thanks and I'm finding that out real fast, it so much faster and a lot less aggravating to say the least. Do you have a pic of this (riggen) your talking about? It sounds like something I'd be interested in.

R.T.

Captain

I arrived home Friday to a pretty normal day, my wife (Lorraine) was out excercising her mare so I stopped to watch and chat.  After a few minutes of small talk she announced "you're gonna be mad at me"  I had an accident with the tractor, but don't worry it still runs....

She had discovered that the brush hog was not just for pasture maintenance and decided to make some "new trails" in the woods.  She had an altercation with a maple sapling that bent the hood and the fender on the New Holland 1715.  :'( The only other thing hurt was her pride.  The machine is a 1996 with 380 hours, looks like new...always in the barn...now I have to get the hammer and dolly out.  She's not getting a new one now..... :-/

I think I'm keeping it and buying something bigger to handle these giant logs exclusively.

Captain

hawby

Happy for you  8)

Green for me  ::)  or maybe blue  :(

I'm shopping too.... but it won't be anything that nice... not yet anyway  ;)

They sure are purdy though!!!!!!

Know what you mean about the hoe.... I removed a length of vinyl siding from the house last Summer with the one I rented  :-[  but within a couple hours I had a BIG hole right where I wanted it.... In fact its still there  :'(

hawby
Hawby

Missin' loggin', but luvin' the steady check...

Furby

:D :D :D :D :D :D
 I know what you mean, Hawby! I know what you mean!

Steve_M

WoodChucker

I got a new New Holland TN 75 in 2000 and have been very happy with it.  However, I didn't get the quick connect and now I kick myself everytime I have to change between the forks and bucket  >:(.  I have a Farmi winch on the back of mine--makes a nice combination with the forks on the front 8).

Steve
2001 WM Super LT40 Electric and WM Twin Blade Edger, just a part timer custom sawing and cutting salvage logs.

MrMoo

Woodchuker,
Nice machine. I'm sure you'll get lots of use out of that.

I have a Ford 1710 that I think is just great.

I know what you mean about the backhoe. When I first bought my JD loader/backhoe it was kind of funny using the backhoe. It won't take too long and you will get use to it. After a while it becomes an extension of your arms where you just think of something you want it to do and it does it.

Good luck with the shiny machine.

WoodChucker

Steve, you can still add the quick mount system, they were installing one at the dealer when I was there for a guy that didn't get it when he first bought his. But I'm sure it would cost a little more now because they would have to do some welding.

MrMoo, yeah I'll get the hang of it, I'm already doing a little better, but I've still got a long ways to go. :)  

R.T.

Steve_M

WoodChucker,

I had my dealer check on an aftermarket quick attach plate($700 I think) plus modifications to my bucket and the forks--I figure it will take a grand anyway ::).  I just haven't been ready to part with the coin or the down time.  I try to save all my bucket projects up and do them all at once then switch back to the forks ASAP.

Steve  
2001 WM Super LT40 Electric and WM Twin Blade Edger, just a part timer custom sawing and cutting salvage logs.

Thank You Sponsors!