iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fail-safe [mayby]

Started by bandmiller2, August 22, 2008, 07:34:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

After the first time I tried to mill the swing up log stops on my bandmill I made a mod.On the backside of the stationary guide roller bracket I welded a nub that will hit the log stops before the blade.The carrage will either stop or push the stop out of harms way.My feed is a hydraulic motor with drum and cable and is set to just stop if things are not right.As stated before my down travel hits a stop at 1"but I still have to be awake to watch the clamps.Any outher ideas?? Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

DanG

The title of this thread brought to mind an old Mark Twain quote, "Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool." :D

It is really difficult to design a safeguard that doesn't inhibit efficiency in some way.  Some of them are necessary, but I try to keep them to a minimum.  As you said, there is no substitute for staying awake while you're sawing. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!