iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Poles For My Barn

Started by HoustonBrama, August 21, 2008, 09:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoustonBrama

Does anyone know where I can get some treated poles for a barn I am building. I need them aprox. 18' to 20'. Also I will be hanging about 3000' of 3 rail fence. I will need to get the wood for this as well. i live in middle TN between Nashville and Clarksville. Thanks for the help fellas!

Papa1stuff

Check with your local phone and power companies ,you can sometimes get poles from them!
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

bandmiller2

HB,its getting harder to find poles their kinda considered hazardous and utilities are nervous about liability.Their are private  contractors that do work for the utilities on highlines most of them will give you all you want it costs them to dispose of old poles.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

thecfarm

HoustonBrama,welcome to the forum.Barn and fence.What is all that for?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HoustonBrama

Thanks for the info guys. I'll have to do some research.

Cfarm, I'm in the Army (soon to be out) and after 3 tours in hell, I have enough saved up to finally build me a barn, fence off my property and finally get me some horses. Life long dream. Looks like it's finally going to come together.

thecfarm

We all should be thanking you for serving our country.  Thank-You.  Good luck with all of your projects and building.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Norm

Thanks for your hard work and service HB. Much appreciated from us here in Iowa.

Thank You Sponsors!